Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellirh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 08:04 PM
    How long should I wait when on pain medicine to go back to the doctor
    Hi, I have been having excrutiating at times left hip pain. It radiates down my leg and into my low back some. It aches all the time, but movement can be horrible. Moving from sitting to standing or standing to sitting is worse than walking even though walking is slow and I put most of my weight on my right leg. When I go to get in my car, I actually have to lift and pull my leg in, this hurts, but not near as bad as moving it in itself. Stairs are horrible and as I am sitting here typing my hip is in pain, but not as much as it will be when I go to get up. The pain is worse if I am on my knee versus my feet. This has been going on two weeks. I did slip on ice, but didn't hit the ground. Another tidbit of background, I had surgery 5 weeks ago and felt better after that than I do now. I had a harvest of my rectus fascia for a vaginal sling. This new pain has been for two weeks and just to get by daily, I have to take pain medication and ibuprofen alternating every 3 hours. I have been to the doctor twice, x-rays showed nothing, not any better, still hurts through the pain medicine and ibuprofen, but they help me tolerate the pain better.

I don't even know what else to do at this point, there is no relief nor has it gotten better at all.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2009, 08:25 PM

Has your dr been able to give you any idea what's causing it? If it's a muscle? A nerve? Anything? Did it start the same time you slipped on the ice?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait to go to the doctor? [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry but this is probably going to be long. I'm 20, almost 21, and I had a son dec '06. I had the Mirena IUC put in 6 weeks later, and had really strange bleeding which my doctor said was normal, but my husband and I decided to try for another child, so we had it taken out this last February, so I...

I truly believe I can get him back, how long do I wait? [ 50 Answers ]

Ok me and my boyfriend were together for a year He was a really bad boyfriend a lot of the time, and he was horrible to me before we got together. But when we got together he really was my sunshine even throug To all those people who are told, "give up he'll/she'll never want you" I tried so...

Back pain doctor or chiropractor? [ 6 Answers ]

I was bending over for about two or three minutes, I tried to get up but couldn't do it normally. It hurt like you know what! I can lay in bed and lift my knees to my chest, I CANNOT lift my leg up when it is straight. I bend over and it hurts tremendously and if I get up from a sitting...

View more questions Search