Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocketchef Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 12:14 AM
    If I open a bank account in my step daughter's name can it be levied?
    I have a child support order for arrears in California, I live in TX. I have had my bank account levied. I do have my wages garnished but yet I get levied. The California Child Support said that any arrears over $100 can be levied. If I open an account for my minor step daughter and deposit into it can it still get levied? Should I avoid direct deposit into it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 06:57 AM

Hello R:

I ordinarily help people who need it... But, you have a child who needs to eat, and you don't want to buy her food. So, no. I'm not going to help you do that.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Levied Bank Account in NJ [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have recently had a levy put on my bank account because of an 8 yr old cc debt. The court awarded Pressler and Pressler (NJ) a default judgement because I did not show to court. The thing is I have been lving abroad for the past 2 years and was not aware of the court date. I only...

How can I open an us bank account? [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone can provide me a guide/ebook about how to obtain legal US bank account for non resident? I am from Asia.

Can my bank account be garnished? Or Levied? [ 5 Answers ]

I am being sued by a credit card company. I am currently unemployed. I receive no money or benefits. I have a bank account with my husband. Once I am sued, can they take money out of my bank account even if my husbands name is not on this credit card, but we do share a bank account.

Levied bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing bankruptcy, but a creditor was granted a civil judgement against me and has gone through the steps of having a county sheriff walk into my bank and seize my bank account (in california). But there was $400 in the account, but only $120 was taken (along with a $100...

Levied bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I hope I'm asking this in the right area, but I live in northern NJ and what has happened over the past couple of days is that, although I'm in a payment plan w/ a law firm, they levied my bank account w/out notifying me. Through many difficult phone calls, they told me that my last check had...

View more questions Search