Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    permco2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Hot shower water lost if water used elsewhere in home.
    When I am showering, if someone else in the house flushes the toilet, I scald, or someone turns on the dishwasher or washing machine, the shower water turns cold. How can I be assured of hot water in the shower even if someone flushes, or uses the sink or whatever??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2009, 06:47 PM

Sounds like you have a volume problem. How old is your home and what material are your pipes? Copper, plastic or galvanized?
    Let me know, Tom
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Permco...

How many handles do you have at the shower valve... one, two or three? Let us know... OK? If more than one handle involved you may have an older fashioned valve that is not designed to handle volume fluctuations... much like Tom (speedball) suggested.

Answer his questions and then answer mine.

Thank you...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in one shower but fine in the other [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. I've just moved into my new house (its 30 years old) and I have had two new bathrooms installed. The shower in one of the bathroom works fine but the other shower only produces cold water. Everything in the bathroom is brand new so I am little concerned that there is no hot water being...

Installed new hot water heater but still no hot water just cold water [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a new hot water heat and we still do not have hot water. We were having our bathroom remodeled at the same time the water heater went out. So now the plumber is saying that the contractor probably put one of the faucets in the bath room backwards so it is prventing the hot water to go...

No hot water in shower [ 0 Answers ]

In our downstairs bathroom the hot water runs out very fast. The sink if fine. The upstairs bathroom is fine also, both shower and sink. Any ideas? Thank you.

Oily or 'hot' smell coming from water after replacing well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I had to replace our water pump after it ceased and died on us this past Friday night! Ever since we replaced the well pump with a new Gould 1/2 hp we have been noticing an oily or hot smell coming from our taps... doesnt matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom sink or...

New home owner - no hot water in shower, hot water everywhere else. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased a home built in 1983, the water heater is from 2003. The home is a ranch style with basement. I am able to get scolding hot water from all faucets and from the shower in the basement, however, the main floor shower only gets to about luke warm, not a big deal to me...

View more questions Search