Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asifakhtar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 01:44 AM
    No hot water in one shower but fine in the other
    Hi all. I've just moved into my new house (its 30 years old) and I have had two new bathrooms installed. The shower in one of the bathroom works fine but the other shower only produces cold water. Everything in the bathroom is brand new so I am little concerned that there is no hot water being produced. The plumber who installed the bathrooms is on holiday so I thought I would see if it was an easy problem that I can fix myself. The taps all produce hot water so its just one shower that seems to be the problem.
    eric123456789 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 06:06 PM
    If it is a single handle faucet they can be adjusted to accept more or less hot water
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 06:55 PM

Unless you have a mixing valve with integrated stops the mixer can not be adjusted to accept more or less hot water. If you move your valve to all hot and get mothing suspect a clogged hot inlet on the mixing valve. Brand name would give us details to help you open the valve and clear the debris, likely caught in the cartridge.
    eric123456789 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 07:07 PM
    On some single handle faucets you can adjust the hot and cold water and of course if there is something blocking water flow from the hot side that would affect it also. Hard to say when there is minimal info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower [ 0 Answers ]

In our downstairs bathroom the hot water runs out very fast. The sink if fine. The upstairs bathroom is fine also, both shower and sink. Any ideas? Thank you.

First hot water then only lukewarm [ 1 Answers ]

First shower of the day has hot water then only lukewarm water, pipes at the heater feel luke warm even for quite a while after the first shower. By morning there is one shower of hot water available. The hot water source is a 50 gallon conventional natural gas water heater, with an insulated...

No hot water in the bathroom [ 0 Answers ]

My hot water stopped working in my upstairs bathroom. And I get no water running from the tub unless both hot and cold water faucets are on in the sink but then only cold water comes out

Oily or 'hot' smell coming from water after replacing well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I had to replace our water pump after it ceased and died on us this past Friday night! Ever since we replaced the well pump with a new Gould 1/2 hp we have been noticing an oily or hot smell coming from our taps... doesnt matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom sink or...

No hot water in shower but fine everywhere else [ 3 Answers ]

hi. so I know NOTHING about plumbing. The water that comes from my shower is lukewarm at best. All the sinks and the other shower are fine so I figured it's not the hot water heater. I've looked online a bit and discovered it might be "debris" in the valve. However, I don't know exactly how...

View more questions Search