Ask
    IHS123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 08:39 AM
    What is opening balance equity
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2010, 01:34 PM

The difference between your assets and liabilities.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 09:27 PM

"Opening balance" just means the beginning balance, and only assets, liabilities and equity will have them. Using the accounting equation (assets = liabilities + equity) and solving for that missing number as pready is suggesting will work assuming you also have been given the beginning balances for total assets and liabilities. But you're asking out of context.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is opening balance equity [ 2 Answers ]

Opening balance sheet [ 4 Answers ]

I am stuck into this case: I would like to make an opening balance sheet but having some problems . Here's the case : Mr. Brentjens is starting a business renting mountain bikes to tourists. After having prepared his business plan it becomes clear that he will need a minimum amount of 500...

Quickbooks - Undelete a credit card account - opening balance equity [ 6 Answers ]

I entered a credit card. Added a charge to the card. This was a test. I then went to the chart of accounts and deleted the card. Now, the charge that was on the card ($39.99) is listed as opening balance equity. Evidently, I missed a warning when I deleted the card account. I can't find a...

Opening Trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

How can creat an openig trail balance for a new company

View more questions Search