What is opening balance equity
    What is opening balance equity
    The607 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:59 PM
    Oh snap!! Ihs? The 607? Lmao.. u must b in my accounting class
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 12:37 AM

An "opening" balance is just the beginning balance. Just another name for it. Are you confused over terminology or wondering how to get it? If the second, you need to let us know what info is available in the problem. In reality, a beginning balance is carried over from the ending balance of a prior period and not "calculated," so if you need to calculate it, it depends on the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening balance sheet [ 4 Answers ]

I am stuck into this case: I would like to make an opening balance sheet but having some problems . Here's the case : Mr. Brentjens is starting a business renting mountain bikes to tourists. After having prepared his business plan it becomes clear that he will need a minimum amount of 500...

Quickbooks - Undelete a credit card account - opening balance equity [ 6 Answers ]

I entered a credit card. Added a charge to the card. This was a test. I then went to the chart of accounts and deleted the card. Now, the charge that was on the card ($39.99) is listed as opening balance equity. Evidently, I missed a warning when I deleted the card account. I can't find a...

Opening Trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

How can creat an openig trail balance for a new company

View more questions Search