Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RCookrc545454 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 11:41 AM
    1999 cavalier revs up very high
    I have a 1999 Chev. Cavalier Z24 with 2.4 twin cam. My problem is that since it has become cold when I first start up the car the engine revs very high until the car warms. Also the check engine light came on the same day?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:47 AM

Attach a code reader to the under dash data link connector and check for codes. Some auto parts stores will do this for free. After you fix the indicated problem, use the code reader to erase the code. Then, the CEL will go out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord Idling, Revs high & low [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My 1992 honda accord is idling, reving high and low, it just goes up and down. Could anyone help me find out why it is doing this. It doesn't do it all the time, but it is doing it more and more. It does this when ever I am sitting still... like at a red light or when I start it up. It runs...

1990 honda accord lx revs really high when started [ 6 Answers ]

1990 honda accord revs really high when started and will not kick down 4 cyl auto with 190kms changed throttle body and the throttle sensor what can I do to fix this problem I have a 1992 handa accord 5sp for parts so if I need something I have all the parts available.

1999 Chevy Cavalier [ 1 Answers ]

My Chevy has been having "trouble" with the trip & odom meter. It will look like it's written in an alien language, but will turn back to normal. Now, the right turn signal is blinking double-time and does not blink on the rear of the car, but does in the front. And, the auto driving lights are...

View more questions Search