Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Dec 8, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fearxfear View Post
    really? how long did that take for that to happen?
    Sometimes months or 2 yrs in one case where she destroyed me...

But you shouldn't think about that... its time to move on...

Don't get me wrong, I don't go on dates or lunches with these ex's... I only talk to them like chit chat to see how are things...

But only when I know I am completely healed from the heartbreak and know I don't want to be back with her...
    bjohnrupp Posts: 293, Reputation: 32

Dec 8, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffeyjoeblaze View Post
    sometimes months or 2 yrs in one case where she destroyed me.....

but you shouldnt think about that.....its time to move on.....

dont get me wrong, I dont go on dates or lunches with these ex's....i only talk to them like chit chat to see how are things.....

but only when I know i am completely healed from the heartbreak and know I dont want to be back with her....
    Yea but did they contact you out of the blue or did you contact them? :rolleyes:

Dec 8, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohnrupp View Post
    yea but did they contact you out of the blue or did you contact them? :rolleyes:
    Let me see... I contacted them but on the expectation to see how things were, I didn't want a friendship and definitely not a relationship...

My current ex is the only one id think to reconcile with but in my heart I know its wrong for the both of us...

Dec 8, 2009, 12:46 PM
    lemme see.....i contacted them but on the expectation to see how things were, i didnt want a friendship and definitely not a relationship....

my current ex is the only one id think to reconcile with but in my heart i know its wrong for the both of us.....
    See since I am the dumpee I'd be afraid that if we don't talk for 6 months and then I contacted her to see how she was doing and then if she never answered I'd feel really stupid. You know?

Dec 8, 2009, 01:03 PM
    See since I am the dumpee I'd be afraid that if we dont talk for 6 months and then I contacted her to see how she was doing and then if she never answered I'd feel really stupid. You know?
    Yes I understand... even as I broke up with my ex, I still felt I was a dumpee when she moved on within days... I think I will contact her even though I talked bad about her kids... I know how fragile she is and gulliable she is...

So it is no problem... I will only talk to her when the time is right for both of us
    Something_Here Posts: 108, Reputation: 16

Dec 8, 2009, 04:57 PM
    See since I am the dumpee I'd be afraid that if we dont talk for 6 months and then I contacted her to see how she was doing and then if she never answered I'd feel really stupid. You know?
    Talaniman answered a similar question of mine in my thread. There's always that chance that they don't want to stay in touch, so you have to be ready to accept that if you try to make contact.

Dec 8, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Something_Here View Post
    Talaniman answered a similar question of mine in my thread. There's always that chance that they don't want to stay in touch, so you have to be ready to accept that if you try to make contact.
    Well 3 weeks ago she made plans with me and then blew me off so I sent a text saying not to contact me anymore unless she wanted to meet up or get back together... so now if I ever did contact her I'd look kind of desperate/stupid.
    fearxfear Posts: 49, Reputation: 8

Dec 9, 2009, 02:36 PM

Yeah I did the same thing.. I said.. don't contact me unless you want to get back together and we'll most likely never speak again... man... why I have to be so cold now I think I'm the one suffer more becauase of it. I really miss her today, maybe it because it raining so much here.. makes it so gloomy

Dec 9, 2009, 03:35 PM
    yeah i did the same thing .. i said .. dont contact me unless you want to get back together and we'll most likely never speak again ... man ... why I have to be so cold now i think im the one suffer more becauase of it. I really miss her today, maybe it because it raining so much here .. makes it soo gloomy
    Hey- so you sent your ex the same text as me? Yea it was very hard to send but its something I (we) have to do. Part of me also is suffering more from sending it too... I liked hearing from her because it made me think she was thinking of me even though it hurt because I know she has someone new. Maybe I shouldn't have sent it:( I just felt so disrepected from her - kind of like I mean nothing at all to her anymore.

Did you ever see your ex since she dumped you? Have you guys ever made plans? Did sahe ever resond to you when you sent the text saying about not contacting you unless she wanted to get back together?

Its raining real hard here too and it made me miss my ex bad today. I even went on Yahoo IM like an idiot to see if she'd message me:rolleyes: I

Dec 9, 2009, 03:49 PM

You guys are making me sick... cut the crap with the texts trying to set up meetings with your ex's...

There is always a reason why people break up... its because one does not want the other or you 2 just aren't right for each other...

Yes its fine to contact them after the fact your over them... but not when you still have major feelings...

I don't know about you guys, but I'm heading to the gym to learn some MMA, that will take my mind off for sure off her...

Dec 9, 2009, 04:04 PM
    why I have to be so cold now i think im the one suffer more becauase of it.
    You would probably be far worse off if you saw her. I caught a two sec glimpse of my ex today, and it ruined my day. We're better off doing NC.

I really miss her today, maybe it because it raining so much here .. makes it soo gloomy
    Yup, same thing for me. Winter blues can really make it worse. Spring will come around soon enough though.

Dec 9, 2009, 04:04 PM
    you guys are making me sick.....cut the crap with the texts trying to set up meetings with your ex's.....

there is always a reason why ppl break up....its because one does not want the other or you 2 just arent right for each other....

yes its fine to contact them after the fact your over them....but not when you still have major feelings....

I dont know about you guys, but im heading to the gym to learn some MMA, that will take my mind off for sure off of her......
    HAHA that 1st line made me laugh. Yea I know what you're saying- I'm never going to contact her until I'm totally over her- maybe even when I have a new girlfriend... this way I won't care if she blows me off because I'll be with someone new. That's what I've been doing Jaffey- going to the gym and bustin my butt until I ant stand- I have to admit it feels great going to the gym- I did enough mopeing around the past few months.

Dec 9, 2009, 08:14 PM

Very true... naw I never reach out... even though I want to every minute of the day... damn you stupid mind!! Someone posted early that the mind and the body are two different things and you really to take care of your mind.!

Dec 11, 2009, 11:41 AM

Ugh... why do I look at her sn.. such a dumb move... damn you aim! Need to be stronger and have more will power
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:51 AM
    You do. This is you hurting yourself now nobody else. The good news is -you-can stop doing this to yourself. Make that choice. Now.

Dec 11, 2009, 12:05 PM

I did... I really hate it... god I don't know how pple get over these feeling and thought sometimes... I know there light at the end of the tunnel.. just feel like its never coming..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 12:09 PM

Why do I look at her sn.. such a dumb move
    I agree 200%

Dec 11, 2009, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I agree 200%
    I know..

Dec 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
    god i dunno how pple get over these feeling and thought sometimes ... i know there light at the end of the tunnel .. just feel like its never coming ..
    I know what you mean, I've had the same thoughts. But there are lots of people on here who have been through this and worse. We'll just have to have confidence in them when they tell us that we will get through this as well.

Dec 17, 2009, 07:49 AM

Hey guys been a few days... been better! I hope everyone is good! How's everyone holding up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

I want to forget [ 8 Answers ]

I just had a formal dance (fun fun!). But there's one part I'd REALLY like to forget. I have a guy friend, he likes me, I don't like him, and I hate it. I have to watch everything I say, do, so I don't lead him on. I know what heartbreak feels like, and I can't stomach doing that to someone else....

Should I just forget about him? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so the boy I really like is going out with this other Girl that has a whole bunch of classes with him and I have one a day with him But his brother tells me all the time that he sometimes talks about me saying I'm cute etc. and he told me he used to like me I didn't even think of this boy...

Don't you forget about me [ 3 Answers ]

Who is this song by from Breakfast Club Who is this song by? "Don't you forget about me" from Breakfast Club. Who is the Artist?

I'm afraid I'll never forget him. [ 11 Answers ]

It's been almost 2 weeks already but I still cry every night. I can't eat or sleep well and I can't do anything without being reminded of him. I've read many articles about breaking up. They all say to get out of the house and to do things that I didn't do with him. Whenever I try, I'm reminded of...

View more questions Search