Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robsbeach Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Connecting conduit to my 200amp main panel
    My 200amp main panel is outside, it has knockouts on the bottom only,the knockout area is filled up with house circuits and a backup generator.Can I drill a hole and mount a waterproof hub into the side of the main panel,which would allow me to connect conduit to another circuit.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2009, 06:29 AM

Yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

200amp main panel with 200amp sub panel [ 6 Answers ]

Hi - I'm in Colorado and about to do an electrical service panel upgrade along with a sub panel install. (I should note here that I am an electrician - Australian, so the rules I'm used to are different here in the US). I've applied for and received the relevant permit from the city, but...

Install 200amp subpanel from 400amp main panel [ 8 Answers ]

Building a new home. The detached garage has a 400amp service panel which is hardly used (has 2 20amp breakers for garage lights). I want to install a 200amp panel in the house basement which is located about 100 feet from the garage panel. I have purchased and installed the 200amp panel in...

Connecting a sub panel and main panel [ 2 Answers ]

When adding a sub panel to the main electrical panel, does the neutral bus at the bottom of the main panel have to be removed? If not, are there any specific examples you can offer? Or, should the neutral bus bar be removed at all times? Thanks & happy holidays, Mike

Wiring of a 200AMP main panel - SEU wires entry point [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am putting a new 200AMP main panel in a service upgrade. Its location is a little higher than the meter socket. The panel and the meter are back to back on a wall (meter outside, panel inside). Main disconnect is at the top of the panel, as are the connections for the SEU cable. Can I...

Connecting main panel to sub-panel? [ 1 Answers ]

I have my sub-panel for my workshop all set up, plugs & lites all wired in. The workshop isn't attached to the house & I was wondering what the best way was to connect from the main panel in the house to the sub-panel in the workshop?

View more questions Search