Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amparo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:31 AM
    HOW do we get a renter out of a unit? Has not paid rent in 3.5 months
    Lease expired last Sunday. He is three and a half months behind on rent has never made water or garbage payments. Have give 3 day notices 6 times. Court seems not to be willing to do anything. Unit is in stockton California.

Client has been to jail has no job, and is not willing to move
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 10:45 AM

You serve him with a legal eviction notice and if he does not comply within the alloted time,you call the Sheriff and have him and his belongings removed.Then you change the locks.
    Or,you can contact a service that will handle it for you,for a fee.Below is a link to a place in your area.
    Home
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 10:53 AM
    If you've given him the required written notice to pay or vacate and he failed to do so, then you have to file a lawsuit for eviction. Once you file the lawsuit and have the lawsuit served on the tenant then the court will give you a date to appear for trial. After you appear in court and win a judgment you can arrange to have the sheriff or constable perform the eviction.

Go here: Landlord/Tenant Book Index - California Department of Consumer Affairs

Read the whole thing. Pay special attention to The Eviction Process.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 12:51 PM

?? I am sorry why have you waited for so long, the first month he did not pay water and so on you serve them notice, when they are 15 days late you serve them notice, Unless you operate a charity you need to know the eviction procedure before you rent to anyone.

After you give those notices, you file for a formal eviction , so how many times have you filed, how many court hearings have you had ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non payment of rent eviction , rent non paid [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord ( I live in a Mobile Home Park) had a constable close up my trailer because of failure to pay rent. The landlord told me later that day that if I paid what was owed I could get back in. I paid it and now they won't let us back in. Can they do that?

Moving out do I have to pay my last months rent, if I paid it in my sec. Dep? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm moving out of my apartment Dec 1st and I want to know, if I paid my last months rent when I paid my security deposit, does it mean I don't have to pay rent for the last month that I'm living here. I gave my 30 day notice, and it was my choice to move out. Please advise.

Renter in a foreclosure house, Do I need to pay rent? [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a notice on my door that the house I am renting is going up for auction. My landlord had never given my any notice of the situation. Do I have to keep paying rent?

Co-Tenant Hasn't Paid Rent in Months - Need to collect money and evict [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I reside in Virginia. My roommate (co-tenant) has not paid their half of the rent/utilities for months now due to personal situations, but the matter seems like it is not going to resolve. How do I go about evicting my roommate and collecting the rent money owed to me? I have...

Renter never paid the rent [ 5 Answers ]

We rented our house in WI to someone who never bothered to pay the rent. Their checks for the 1st month and the deposit bounced and they never attempted to settle the situation after that. We went to court, and they finally got evicted. Now, how can we get the 4 months of rent they owe us? I read...

View more questions Search