Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emiflea Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 05:28 AM
    Eek, did I speak too soon? (short question)
    This boy and I have been casually dating for a few weeks (he asked me out), tonight he was over, and I was a bit mean to him, this will be explained after I copy and paste the emails we exchanged. (they're short, but explain much.) I think mine was just too revealing, his best friend was telling me how much he liked me, and he has told me he cares about me, but not that he likes me in person. My message was also a bit long and just UGH, I sent it to him minutes after he left because I just felt so horrible. (I pushed him away out of nervousness when he tried to kiss me; but we have kissed several times before, and I do like to).
    [i edited out our names and the date so this question and information just stays anonymous.]
    ----------------- Original Message -----------------
    i am so sorry about being mean to you and pushing you away, i really do like you and i really did want you to kiss me. when i get nervous or im afraid, i use sarcasm and whatever else that can be considered mean to hide it. i really like you, i do. i have a habit of pushing people who show interest in me away, not because i want to, but because something just does. i really didnt think i was pushing you away until after you left and then i realized i did and i probably hurt your feelings or confused you, and thats why i feel so bad.
    im going to bed now, because really i just said i went to bed yesterday because i wanted you to stay longer because i knew i had been being mean but you were probably sleepy too.
    maybe you could call me later today?
    you dont have to reply to this, either.

(REPLY FROM HIM, about twenty minutes later)
    it's ok. yeah i was a little confused, but ill get over it. i guess im kinda used to people being open and obvious in their feelings and thoughts, and well you hide them well....to say the least its not the first time you have confused me. it's alright, and maybe after a little time you will be able to be more open. i'll be honest. it makes me feel uncomfortable around you, because i don't know what to do or to say. i'll be ok, and im really glad you told me about it. it helps me feel a little better. anyway, yeah i'll for sure call. and i hope you sleep well.

So, what do you think, relationships forum?
    Did I goof, I can't read boys for the life of me, which explains why I've only had one long-term boyfriend.
    Did some of my message probably seem too overwhelming, or vomit-inducing? That's what I'm wondering. Just trying to get the gist of what he really was saying in that message, hopefully a point of view from a guy. Any advice is appreciated, you don't have to go all into details, because I guess I did kind of lie about this being a short question, sorry. It turned into a beast. :[
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emiflea
    (REPLY FROM HIM, about twenty minutes later)
    it's ok. yeah i was a little confused, but ill get over it. i guess im kinda used to people being open and obvious in their feelings and thoughts, and well you hide them well....to say the least its not the first time you have confused me. it's alright, and maybe after a little time you will be able to be more open. i'll be honest. it makes me feel uncomfortable around you, because i don't know what to do or to say. i'll be ok, and im really glad you told me about it. it helps me feel a little better. anyway, yeah i'll for sure call. and i hope you sleep well.
    Read his lines closely and over and over again, what is he telling you??

He is being very open. He states he is used to people being open and obvious and you're the total opposite which is really confusing him, more than once.
    He is also indirectly telling you to get used to him and be open, because he feels uncomfortable around you while he doesn't want to feel like that.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Nov 8, 2006, 05:44 AM
    Yeah he seems like a nice guy , guess he got confused if you pushed him away when he was trying to kiss you, wouldn't anyone!
    Try and be more open with him... Were you hurt by a past relationship , maybe this is what causes you to be less open.
    Well you message was good, it's a good start to getting him to undersand how you are.talk in person to him about all this, it will open him emotionally to you also. Maybe he also could have fear of rejection.

Nov 8, 2006, 07:18 AM
    In a reply to both of you, I'm really unsure of what being "open" entails, and of course I won't know what he really means until I talk to him on the phone or in person, I guess I'm just looking for if things are uncomfortable with him, what I can do, make things less awkward? Our relationship is extremely premature, we're still getting to know each other, I don't want it to get ****ed up and end quickly, it's just been about two years since I had a chance to be interested back in a new guy, so I've forgotten basically what YOU DO, in the early stages of a new relationship! :(
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 07:22 AM
    Crack your shell open to him.
    Talk to him in person.

Have you encountered a bad relationship that's why your closed?

Nov 8, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Open equals talking with him, sharing some emotions, like you did for example in the email. If you want to go slower, tell him you really like him but would like to take more time getting to know each other.
    He's feeling uncomfortable because from a mans point of view if you refuse his kiss it could mean you are not interested or playign games. So tell him what you feel , don't just shove him away.

Nov 8, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    Crack your shell open to him.
    Talk to him in person.

have you encountered a bad relationship thats why your closed?
    For about two years, sometimes on and off, I was involved with one guy. He cheated on me once, and it just ruined everything before I couldn't control the suspicion, distrust, and jealousy that just came out of the whole ordeal. I also found out from my FRIENDS that he tried to flirt with them often online, it ended actually last month, just before this new guy came back, and I've made a clean break, but I just don't know what to talk about, if I'm supposed to break my shell.
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Ok, now I understand. Its completely normal, you have had an experience were you were cheated on.
    Does this guy u like know this?
    If not, you should tell him. Tell him what you are telling us, he will truly respect that :)

Nov 8, 2006, 07:28 AM
    <<it's all right, and maybe after a little time you will be able to be more open. I'll be honest. It makes me feel uncomfortable around you, because I don't know what to do or to say. I'll be OK, and I'm really glad you told me about it.>>

"maybe after a little time" see he's already talking about future , he seems like a nice guy.Dont be afraid because of past relationship failure, close the door on past and lock it and go to the next door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone speak Tagalog? [ 15 Answers ]

I am fluent in tagalog and now that I'm back here in america, there is no one around that I can speak it with. I just want some simple conversation to keep it up.

Anyone speak spanish? [ 17 Answers ]

What does this mean? Losiento chica

No hot water to whole house :eek: [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I have a problem with the hot water in my house... there isn't any. :eek: We have a tankless system, as opposed to a separate hot water heater. Over the years, the pressure of our hot water has decreased, now to the point where there is virtually no pressure and no hot water in any of the...

Short Question About Flushing Water Heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I've read in many posts here that it is important to flush your water heater regularly. All instructions have been to connect a hose to the boiler valve at the bottom of the tank and let it run until the water runs clear. My heater has a valve about halfway up the tank with a plastic hose running...

Sleeping issues... again? :eek: [ 6 Answers ]

It's me again with a sleeping issue question. Although, this time it's not about nutrition... I'm with my girl for 5 and a half months now. We like each other a lot, have great respect for one another and enjoy our time together a lot. We can talk about everything and I'm not shy about telling...

View more questions Search