Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenica Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Pregnant or reacting to IUD removal?
    I started a light period 10/26, had my IUD removed 10/27 and began a heavy period 10/28. On 11/6 I had a constant headache, nausea, and extreme fatigue which hasn't left me since. I feel exactly like I did my first two pregnancies only the symptoms are more severe. I had a blood test yesterday which read negative for pregnancy. I'm very confused with no answers. Maybe the test was taken too soon and I am pregnant? Or this is my reaction to getting my normal cycle back?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 11, 2009, 12:54 PM

A blood test for pregnancy is the most accurate test without an ultrasound... or waiting 9 months. ;)

Your body may be reacting to the end of birth control... give it a few days and you can always test again.

Nov 13, 2009, 10:49 AM
    I think I had the test done too soon. I had the IUD removed exactly 2 weeks before the blood test. I am still experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms. Why would having my IUD removed cause all the pregnancy symptoms? My doctor said she's never seen it happen to anyone before.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 10:57 AM

The annoying thing about pregnancy symptoms is that they are so similar to so many other things. PMS, the flu sometimes. I'd wait a bit longer and test again. If it's still negative and you're still experiencing the same symptoms, definitely go back to your dr and figure out what is going on.

Nov 13, 2009, 11:06 AM
    That's true. My only thing is that these are all the same symptoms I experienced my other 2 pregnancies, only intensified. I know it's not the flu by the way I feel. My gut tells me I'm pregnant with multiples due to the early arrival of symptoms, the intensity of them and let's not forget a mother's intuition. Multiples run in both sides of my family to a high degree. I plan to retest on Wednesday. Until then lots of rest and patience.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 11:10 AM

You know your body best. Keep us updated :)

Nov 13, 2009, 11:14 AM

I'll post the results by Thursday morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 14 Answers ]

I used a copper IUD for five years after my second son. I had my IUD removed about 2/3 months ago. Had unprotected sex, just using the withdrawal method with no ejaculations. Since the removal of my IUD I became a bit late with my period, late 2-5 days. Now I'm 15 days late with no pregnancy...

No period after IUD removal.pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I had my last period on 12/10/07. I had my IUD (mirena) removed on 12/19 with my period following for 3 days immediately. It was heavy and had many clots. If the 19th was my real period, I am still 5 days late. IF that didn't count as a period, I am 6 weeks late. I have taken 2 home pregnancy...

How long after an IUD removal (Mirena) does it take to get pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

We've decieded to have another baby, so yesterday I had my IUD removed that I have had for 4 years. My doctor said that is was just fine to start trying to conceive now. (I had heard you should wait for the uterine lining to thicken.. ect) I had no problems get pregnant with my previous to...

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a vasectomy in January of this year and on February 8th I had my IUD removed. I had my period 2 days after the removal and then we had sex the day after my period ended on the 17th w/o protection. On the 23rd and 24th we used a condom, my period should have started March 12th...

View more questions Search