Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 03:15 PM
    My boyfriend avoids having sex with me!
    I have been with my boyfriend for about 9 months now. We had sex all the time at the beginning of our relationship (the first 5 or 6 months) but a couple of months ago he stopped taking the iniciative in bed so after a couple of weeks I decided to take the first step but he just kept avoiding me... turning on the lights or leaving the bedroom to go look for something to drink... so after a while I just stop trying and we have not had sex since. There have been a lot of situations in which he gets turned on by me kissing him on the neck or many kinds of foreplay but he just ends up asking me to perform oral sex on him and when he finishes he just rolls over and goes to sleep... I love pleasing him but I need some pleasing too!!
    Nothing has change from when we did have sex... I have not changed physically or emotionally and neither has he... we are still happy and in love... my friends keep telling me maybe he had an affair or maybe he is gay... but we own a business together so we spend all of our time together... he just wouldn't have the time to have an affair... and I don't think he is gay because he gets hard when I seduce him.
    Please help! Is he gay? Is he cheating?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 03:34 PM

Have you ASKED him about it?

Sat him down and told him how neglected you feel?

He sounds selfish to me, not gay.
    sgoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 03:40 PM

Yes I have talked to him about! But he always says either "ok so lets do it...but not today...Im tired...tomorrow maybe" (and when tomorrow comes he just asks for the usual BJ and that's it) or he says its all in my head and Im just making a big deal out of it... I am so frustrated!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 03:58 PM

So.. say no to the BJ.

Or tell him you'd love to... AFTER he goes down on you.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2009, 04:19 PM
    This isn't about talking to him about how often you have sex - because when you do, he gives you the 'OK we'll do it tomorrow' excuse.

This is really about you guys TALKING about what's happening in your relationship. Honestly, it is really rare for sex to just stop in a relationship without there being a reason. He's avoiding having sex with you and there must be a cause.

Talking to him openly, in a non blaming way and asking him to reflect on his feelings is an important way to start. Ask him to think about what's happening in his head - why does he not feel like having sex with you? What is he thinking when he avoids you?

It may be that being together all the time is the cause - I am only guessing - but perhaps he can't separate the work 'you' from the relationship 'you'. Perhaps he needs to be the initiator or 'aggressor' in your sexual relationship. Only he knows.

I agree with Synnen, for the time being I'd stop with the seduction and the BJ's. If the relationship is important to him, then he'll agree to give some thought to his behavior and what's causing it. Sex needs to be off the menu for a while if he's going to do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sorry, another 'boyfriend never wants any sex' thread ~` [ 9 Answers ]

All right so... this is rather embarrassing and humiliating to me but anyway... My boyfriend and I are both 34, have been living together now for a few months and between the 2 of us have 6 kids, however - only 4 live with us full-time. (My 3 boys and his son - ages 11, 12, 13 and 17) I work...

Dog avoids eating or drinking [ 1 Answers ]

Three weeks ago our dog suddenly started losing his balance and falling down. We rushed to Vet Clinic. They found an ear infection and gave him antibiotics. He appeared to recover, but vertigo persists and he refuses to drink water. We have to hand feed him moist dog food with extra water. ...

Loving boyfriend who avoids sex [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I, a gay couple, have been together over two years and living together for over one year. I never thought I'd meet someone as wonderful as he is. Before we moved in together we had sex three or more times a week. Then we moved in together and it instantly - like the flick of a...

Roommate who not pay and avoids us. [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have a roommate who hasn't paid rent for this month. She is in her room most of the time and when we knock on her door to give her the 3 day notice she doesn't answer. We could hear her in there on the phone or watching t.v. We have had the police come to our house while we were...

View more questions Search