Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoLoSt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Lost
    My girlfriend of eight months just left me. She said that she is scared that I'm going to leave her and she would rather leave me than me leave her later. But she says she loves me and I honestly love her to I've talked to her and she said she feels horrible and she doesn't know what to do... neither do I. I told her that I would never leave her but she isn't so sure. She can't let go of me but she won't go back out with me I don't know what to do
    :(
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Dude - what did you do to push her away?

Chin up - you sounds like you put too much importnace into this gal. Way too much importance.

You need to get busy doing other things. Work out, hang with friends, hang with your family, work harder at work or school, hobbies.

You girlfriend is part of yor life - not your life.

One thing - DON'T CALL HER - DON'T - give her time - do not cpntact - do not absolutetley beg!! Ever!!

Let her miss - now - be busy - do not contact her at all. Do not return her correspondence at all.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoSt
    my girlfriend of eight months just left me. she said that she is scared that im going to leave her and she would rather leave me than me leave her later. but she says she loves me and i honestly love her to ive talked to her and she said she feels horrible and she doesn't know what to do...neither do i. i told her that i would never leave her but she isnt so sure. she can't let go of me but she wont go back out with me i dont know what to do
    :(
    Hi,

Sorry to hear about your pain that you are suffering at the moment.

What reason does she have to think that you would leave her, is there anything that you do that makes her feel this way?

If not, I am wondering if she has either been hurt before, and the insecurity has followed her into this relationship, or if she is looking for a subtle excuse for ending the relationship without hurting you too much.

I am inclined to believe that she may be insecure because of past hurt or rejection but what you perhaps need to do is get to the root cause of the problem.

Communication is key here!!

Take care!

I'm sure you will get some more advice or suggestions!
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Dude - what did you do to push her away?

Chin up - you sounds like you put too much importnace into this gal. Way too much importance.

You need to het busy doing other things. Work out, hang with friends, hang with your family, work harder at work or school, hobbies.

You girlfriend is part of yor life - not your life.

One thing - DON'T CALL HER - DON'T - give her time - do not cpntact - do not absolutetley beg!!! ever!!!!

Let her miss - now - be busy - do not contact her at all. Do not return her correspondence at all.
    Ditto!
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 10:50 AM
    Do you put too much pressure on her - call her many times a day - e-mai ltoo much?
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 11:25 AM
    That will do it... Push her away..

I did that, problem is, my ex did the same...

But then again, there were other factors, too young for a relationship, wanted the single experimenting thing, you know.

In the end it pushes them away, by being there too much! A lesson to learn from

Read my thread, it may provide some insight or even useful advice from others..
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 11:43 AM
    The over contact is what ALWAYS does it. Plus acting needy and insecure. Most women need that feeing that there is a good chance you might just leave - if your too available they take you for granted. If you just pull back sometimes and have them do all the contacting - it helps. Women want mystery - not puppy dog that always comes a running when they call - that's why it's OK to break dates - say your busy many times.

Insecurities can arise even after months of dating someone.

The over contact thing I see happen to so many guys here.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Nov 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
    Why is everyone blaming the poster? I think she is guilty of something and she doesn't want to tell him, but if he should find about it, then she fears he will leave her so she left him first. Baby games regardless... I would let her go and look for someone else.
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Great points - we need more detail on her please.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Her excuses are alibis. What a load of BS. She is scared of you leaving so she leaves you first??

c'mon.
    That is rubbish. She is lying.

Don't worry about her.

Im sorry about your pain. I really am. But time to move on. She is playing games. I know you can't put a time limit on falling in love but after 8 months you shouldn't be in too deep with this girl. Sure it is a relationship but I will agree with cat and the others that perhaps you put a little too much importance in her.

You need to have other things in life. Not just her.

But anyway, cut contact with her completely. Lean on your friends and family for while Look after yourself. Eat good, work out, run, work hard etc.

Do as many things as possible to take your mind of the pain.

And learn from your mistakes. Reflect on what you could have don't better and improve yourself as a person.

I think you are better than her anyway. She sounds like a girl who is immature and plays games. Don't play them as well!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2006, 06:29 PM
    I tend to think she's hiding something from you and dare I say seeing someone else. I'm going to leave you before you leave me is such a BS cop out. I think it's her way of taking off for somebody new but trying to make you feel guilty or question yourself. I'm not sure you'd want this person in your life to be honest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lost [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 29 and I feel like I'm a mess. My major issue is confrontation. Im always getting dumped on by people, feeling like a doormat, and I feel like I don't know how to nip things in the bud and put people in their place, whether formal situations or informal. I don't know how to establish myself...

So Lost Someone Help Please... [ 7 Answers ]

How can you tell ovulation if you have an irrigular period for instance I only have a period every 3-5 months and when I do have one it is very light and only 3 days long I have never been to an ob/gyn and currently have not the funds to see one any suggestions theories or advice all welcome...

Need help I'm lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi got a problem with my PC I think.the other day my PC shut down and said"dumping memory" and told me the problem was "tcpip.sys page fault in monopaged area" does any one know what that means and how I can fix it as I'm lost

Lost [ 18 Answers ]

Ok so the first season has just finished in the UK and I'm even more confused than ever!! What on earth is going on ? Is that why it's called LOST as everyone has lost the plot? What's your theory on the whole story? Season 2 starts in the spring, but I can't wait so I'm going to have to...

View more questions Search