Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tokenacres Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 02:39 PM
    What is the difference between a car sub woofer and home speaker?
    Where can I find a 10'' speaker(no box) for my old Utah home speakers?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 03:20 PM

Not much. Except that the car speaker may have a lower Z, like 4 ohms rather than 8. Dual voice coils are common which mean they can be driven by a single amp or two amps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up sub woofer to Panasonic VSX-305 Home Theatre System [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to hook up the sub woofer that came with our Panasonic VSX-305 Home Theatre System when the back of the receiver that came with it does not show a place to plug it into? This is becoming very frustrating as the manual shows a diagram for the VSX-405 which has a plug...

Home theatre speaker distances? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Sony home theater system. When setting the speakers up it asks for me to set the distance of the speaker. Set the distance to what? I have set the distance from the viewing chairs to the speakers, Is this correct or should it be the distance from the speaker to the amp. via the wire...

Home Theater SUb-Woofer [ 1 Answers ]

What does Selectable Subwoofer Crossover mean ? What is 9-band? Does 7.2 means TWO Sub-woofer

Who's liable for crimes committed using your 'former car' [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law had a car that she took to a shop for repairs... It would cost $1000 to repair, more than the car was worth, so she decline to have it fixed (The car did not run at this point)... She gave the car to the repair shop. She cannot remember if she transferred the tittle, since this...

Why is there hissing on home theatre speaker? [ 3 Answers ]

My home theatre speakers have been making a hissing sound when my avr receiver is turned on.

View more questions Search