Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DarkSkinGirl Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Nov 3, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Kim Fields--how did she get so light?
    Kim Fields was brown on Facts of Life. Then when she did Living Single, she was light complected.

Now, she is brown again.

I wonder what she was using back then
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 3, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Probably a hydroquinone cream. She looks like one of those people with skin that doesn't take much to lighten.
    Kim Coles played Sinclair, you've got the Kims mixed up.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 11:33 PM

Yeah, I used to wonder about her complexion change too.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 4, 2009, 12:02 AM

I never really paid attention. But there is clearly a change.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2009, 02:07 AM

Ummm I am super lost here facts of life did she play the role of "tootie" and in living single was she "Sinclair" can someone let me know if I'm right cause I swear those where to different people, if I'm wrong let the know the roles so I can put my mind at rest

Nov 4, 2009, 09:35 AM
    She played "Regine" on living single

She got light all over. I remember watching her on living single when she wuold wear those halter tops. I couldn't believe how evenly she lightened

Nov 4, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    ummm i am super lost here facts of life did she play the role of "tootie" and in living single was she "Sinclair" can someone let me know if i'm right cause i swear those where to different people, if im wrong let the know the roles so i can put my mind at rest
    Yes, you are mistaken.
    Kim Fields played Regine on the show Living Single.
    Kim Coles played Sinclair, you've got the two Kims mixed up.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Nov 4, 2009, 03:14 PM

She's always been light, she was never dark brown.

Looks the same to me!

Every time a "black" woman has lighter skin, she always has to have bleached, right? WRONG. Plenty women of African decent (including those STRAIGHT FROM AFRICA) have naturally yellow-ish toned/lighter skin. Also think about makeup and lighting, if skin tones vary slightly in photos/on TV.
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2009, 05:54 PM

She's been darker too

I think her case is tanning and not tanning.. instead of bleaching if that makes sense?

Nov 5, 2009, 07:23 PM

Maybe. I feel like she always had so much potential to be GORGEOUS but she never really seemed like the type to be super into her looks to give her that boost!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 07:36 PM

I always thought she was more "cute"

Nov 5, 2009, 07:37 PM

Yeah exactly! But maybe some long hair extensions and a little weight loss could have taken her to the "beautiful" side.

Nov 5, 2009, 10:21 PM

She's hawt in that afro picture! I think that's her look. Lol!

Nov 6, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D View Post
    She's always been light, she was never dark brown.

Looks the same to me!

Every time a "black" woman has lighter skin, she always has to have bleached, right? WRONG. Plenty women of African decent (including those STRAIGHT FROM AFRICA) have naturally yellow-ish toned/lighter skin. Also think about makeup and lighting, if skin tones vary slightly in photos/on TV.

Well being that this is a skin lightening forum, and that there are so many people of color bleaching its not that far of a reach to suspect others of doing it too. Bleaching is a multibillion dollar industry, for it to be that profitable it has to have a lot of people doing it

I mean a lot of black celebs end up getting lighter. The more money they make the lighter they get whether it be through makeup, bleaching, peeling etc.

In some of her pics she looks brown, then others she looks very light to me.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Nov 6, 2009, 11:38 AM

Like I said, I have NEVER seen a picture of her where she looks "DARK SKINNED" by our definition of a dark skinned black person. She just looks like a medium to light brown from what I have seen in every picture. Tanning/sun/lighting/makeup all come into play here, but I highly doubt she's a bleacher.

Nov 6, 2009, 12:46 PM

Are there any sites where I can see actual photos of people who have bleached beyond their G-d given color?

I've seen melasma, sun damage & permatan, acne marks, hyperpigmentation etc. reversed (giving the illusion of lightening) but I'd like to see examples of actual color changes.

Nov 6, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D View Post
    Like I said, I have NEVER seen a picture of her where she looks "DARK SKINNED" by our definition of a dark skinned black person. She just looks like a medium to light brown from what I have seen in every picture. Tanning/sun/lighting/makeup all come into play here, but I highly doubt she's a bleacher.
    Who ever said she was darkskin? I said she was brown. Just because a person bleaches doesn't mean that their previous color had to be darkskin. Manypeople of all shades are bleaching, even the lighter complected ones are trying to get even lighter.

In some of her pics she looks brown to me, and during living single, she looked several shades lighter than when she was on facts of life. No she was never a darkskin woman to begin with

Nov 6, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    Are there any sites where I can see actual photos of people who have bleached beyond their G-d given color?

I've seen melasma, sun damage & permatan, acne marks, hyperpigmentation etc. reversed (giving the illusion of lightening) but I'd like to see examples of actual color changes.
    Lol You still looking for those before and afters huh?
    I honestly don't think your going to get any and the ones who do put them up get their photo's get scrutinized to death. Sooner or later a picture will be seen.

Nov 6, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    lol You still looking for those before and afters huh?
    I honestly don't think your going to get any and the ones who do put them up get their photo's get scrutinized to death. Sooner or later a picture will be seen.
    :D Hey, hope springs eternal?

I think it would help. I get the privacy issues but OTOH everything is so anecdotal and like "my mother's second cousin's shoemaker used this and he's a ghost now!" The problem is that we don't know what color this person was under his/her clothes. He could've been a sunburnt ghost all along.

Or we have tons of celeb pics (which are individually great for reference & just fun to post) but overall they're 50 million different shades of suntan, bronzer, makeup, photoshopped, flashbulb etc.

About Kim, Rihanna, Latoya, Oprah, Patti Labelle, etc. it's tricky. You see them now and then someone retrieves a photo from when they had to wait out in the sun for the bus and stuff and goes "Aha!, Caught her!"

2nd thought, Kim F. isn't as tricky because even when her head is browner, her lighter décolletage gives it away as sun & makeup. So in the 'Regine' and other phases she just has a more even tone.

Latoya J. is a true mystery to me. It actually seems like she's a bit darker & more caramely now?
    mbrown13434 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 06:08 PM
    If you look at these pictures, you can see that she has the same complexion as her mother and sister. She has never been very dark. In the time when she began on TV, they were making black actresses darker which could explain why she seemed darker on Facts of Life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Fields [ 3 Answers ]

An electron is released a short distance above earth's surface. A 2ndelectron directly below it excerts an electrostatic force on the 1st electron just great enough to cancel the gravitational force on it How far below the 1st electron is the 2nd?

Drain fields [ 3 Answers ]

I am on social security, a diabetic with a kidney transplant. My drain field needs to be replaced because I have standing sewer above ground in my front and back yard. I don't have the means to pay for it.

Magnetic fields [ 2 Answers ]

What are magnetic fields measured in of ?

Calculating Fields [ 4 Answers ]

I'm setting up a Query in Design View and I need to find out the price per unit. I need to mulitply two fields, Amount and Quantity with the Answer in the Amount Field. What wording should I use? The two fields are from two different Tables.

View more questions Search