Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tykeboy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 05:24 PM
    I was woundering if anyone knows how to bid per sq. ft. on a 1500 sq. ft new construction town home. I need to put in a total bid and brake it down to sq. ft. do you know how much cents per sq. ft. I live on the big island of Hawaii. The rates are definatley different from the mainland prices so its hard for me to figure out a figure. Could you also give an hourly rate of a construction clean would be in Hawaii. I need help! Can you also give me figure amount on windows don't know the sq. ft but just a rough estimete on how much Hawaii charges per hour for windows. And also if anyone knows how much girls it would take to do one 1500 sq.ft town home in one day. Much mahalo's!

Also to add to my earliar question the town home is 1500 sq ft. and need to do the whole works cabinets , base board, windows, tracks, bathroom, kitchen, fixtures and so on the whole works so you get a rough idea on what I mean by the construction cleaning.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 09:53 PM
    Hi, tykeboy!

Since this isn't a chat room, I've merged your two threads together in order to avoid confusion.

My first question for you is, how much experience do you have cleaning for other in order to make a profit for yourself, please?

If we know about that, it will help us a lot in helping you the best.

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2009, 08:58 AM

I have been doing this for 7 years. I am very experienced in the cleaning. As for doing a bid like this I never did one,this is a really big project involving a big contract and need to know how much each unit would be. So that's why I need help. Mahalo!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 09:25 AM

Just a bit confused, you said 1500 sq ft? Is that all there is to bid? If this is only one unit then how many units are there in total. If you are looking for a one time bid and there is a potential for more then what is that potential? That will definitely influence the pricing.

Thanks,

Stringer

Oct 31, 2009, 01:12 PM
    There are 450 units @ 1500 sq ft. Each
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Hi again, tykeboy!

Now that Stringer has come on board here, you're definitely in the right hands!

Thanks!
    Business Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 12:54 AM

Thank you Clough.

I am sorry to ask so many questions Tykeboy, but as you know, information helps provide a good answer.

That sounds like a great project, can you please tell me how many units at 1,500 sq ft each you will be doing each week? Is this steady work each week?

And as I understand it this is a 'final clean up' prior to turning it over? What type/s of flooring in each unit and what percentage of each type?

Thanks,

Stringer

Nov 1, 2009, 11:28 AM

There is 450 units. 32 units needs to be completed each month.this is rough clean as well as final. The whole works. Half of it is 1500 sq ft .and the oter half @1200 sq ft. Could you also tell me how much girls r needed 5 days a week @ 8 hours each a day. I don't want to over hire girls. And also does that mean 2 units needs to be done a day. It needs to be completed. Mahalo
    Business Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 11:34 AM

What type/s of flooring in each unit and what percentage of each type?
    -Stringer

Nov 1, 2009, 01:18 PM

Ceramic tile only kitch n bath the rest all carpet.
    Business Expert

Nov 1, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tykeboy View Post
    Ceramic tile only kitch n bath the rest all carpet.
    I always measure the hard floors and then the carpet and proceed to a percentage of each for my records... as I sure that you know keep diligent records of everything.

So, guessing I would think that in the 1,500 sq ft units the total ceramic is about 10% balance obviously 90%. 120 sq ft kitchen and 30 sq ft (one) washroom, about right?

Do you have to do anything with the ceramic aside from cleaning it? Do you have to clean the carpets or just vac?

How many windows and average size? Do you have to do inside and out?

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New construction cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am starting a new construction cleaning business and would like to know if anyone could give me the correct steps to giving a bid, what is included in the rough clean and the final clean.. :)

New construction cleaning rates in Dallas Tx [ 1 Answers ]

We are starting a new construction cleaning business. I am asking some builders whom I know what they are paying, but would like to see if anyone can give me an idea of what the going rate is in my area. An unbias opinion. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Final cleaning new construction [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing a job now and was called to do final clean, when we get there , supplies are still all over the place, I thought final clean was just that final clean, so we cleaned the best we could but am sure we will get called back to redo for no extra money.. this can't be right.. any advise on...

How does a person bid on cleaning after construction of new homes? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you bid on post cleaning for construction of new homes

New Construction Cleaning Company [ 2 Answers ]

I'm thinking about starting a cleaning company that does new construction and possibly even office cleaning. Is there a license that I need to obtain or any other restrictions that I should know about? If there is a license or certificate where do I obtain this or who do I need to talk to?

View more questions Search