Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Nov 6, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Sheet rock outside corners
    Any preferences between metal and plastic beads for outside corners? Thoughts on pros and cons of each? Anyone prefer just tape? Thanks in advance. - Dennis
    omzig Posts: 119, Reputation: 19

Nov 6, 2006, 06:58 AM
    I used to always use metal ones, but lately I've switched to plastic. They're easy to cut with a razor knife. I would never use just tape--it would get damaged way too easily and it would also be hard to make it look good without a lot of mud and sanding.

Also for archways or other curves, the bendable plastic ones work great.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 7, 2006, 08:15 PM
    I like to use the paper/metal combo where you just mud it to the corner. They come in 8 & 10' lengths. Make sure you mud the whole edge so you don't get air bubbles behind the paper when it dries.

For non-90 degree corners I will also use corner tape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can HardiPlank be Beveled at Corners? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm thinking of using concrete-board HardiPlank for siding. My house is a 100-year-old bungalow, with original cedar siding still in place, and at all the outside corners, the cedar siding is joined at a compound bevel. It's a really nice look that you don't see often nowadays, I...

Rock Junkie [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 week old German Sheppard puppy is "eating small stones" and puking them up in the morning. People have told me that this is normal for this breed. Is this true and is there a way to stop it? Maybe nutrition?

Kid rock [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Kid Rock has a well known father, but I didn't catch the name. Does anyone know anything about this?

Falling rock [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every body I have this one question that I can't seem to solve. I know the answer is 52m but I can't seem to derive this answer even after trying different method and formula. Can some one help me answer it. Thank so much. It need to be solve through kinematic formula. A rock is dropped...

Word XP - Margin Symbols In Corners [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I open up Word XP, start a new document, and use Print Layout, I see these annoying "L" shaped blue markings in Each of the corners. I think they are supposed to indicate Margins or something, but they are distracting. How do I get Rid of those markings?

View more questions Search