Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galestorm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Rock Junkie
    My 10 week old German Sheppard puppy is "eating small stones" and puking them up in the morning. People have told me that this is normal for this breed. Is this true and is there a way to stop it? Maybe nutrition?
    Texie Studstill Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2009, 09:56 AM

Nothing is wrong with him but if you want him to stop you can go to the store and buy a spray that is called YUCK! Or you can put viniger in a bottle and then go in your back yard and spray all the rocks you can find so that they all taste bad.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 10:09 AM

It's normal but not good for him.

Like Texie said, you need to put a stop to this.

Puppy's will get into anything that isn't tied down, and even some things that are tied down. ;)

Does he have any toys to play with, chew on? At 10 weeks he still has his puppy teeth and the need to chew is huge. He'll chew on everything because it feels good on his gums. Sadly, rocks don't digest well and can cause tummy problems, even death.

Get him a few good chew toys, something that he can really sink his teeth into and get the spray to deter him from the rocks or go remove all the rocks until he's older or learns through training not to touch.

Good luck.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 05:23 PM
    He should start teething soon. We have had a lot of luck with chicken bullion ice cubes... tasty, crunchy, soothing, and they smell WAY better than rocks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who is/was your least fav.rock group? [ 15 Answers ]

Now this in cludes Boy Bands,Punk Rock And Girl Bands. Mine: E.L.O. Poison Zebra X.Y.Z Uriha Heep Styx Montrose Sammy Hagar

Kid rock [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Kid Rock has a well known father, but I didn't catch the name. Does anyone know anything about this?

Falling rock [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every body I have this one question that I can't seem to solve. I know the answer is 52m but I can't seem to derive this answer even after trying different method and formula. Can some one help me answer it. Thank so much. It need to be solve through kinematic formula. A rock is dropped...

Lab ate a rock [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 month old lab threw up a good sized rock in the middle of the night. He seems to be fine now but should I be concerned about anything internal that may have been hurt?

Hit a rock [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman 2.0 mower. I hit a rock and now the mower is making noise. It still operates, still cuts, but the pullstart wire vibrates like crazy and it sounds like something is striking underneath. The blade looks okay and I don't see any apparent damage underneath. Any ideas?

View more questions Search