Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazylady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Toilet leaking at the base of toilet
    I need help. My toilet is leaking from the base of the toilet, not consistently, about once per day. We have replaced the wax ring, tighten bolts but still continues to leak. We have even turned off the water valve supply and it is still leaks. What can be the problem?:(
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 01:47 PM

Hello ShazyLady, look at the following:

1. You may have hair-line crack in the china bowl. Go with your hand / fingernails over the china and feel if you feel a crack. They usually are very tiny and hard to notice visually
    2. Men in your house are "missing" the target
    3. Slowly dripping angle stop, water supply and/or tank connection. Water accumulates around the base of the bowl and travels to the front.
    4. Water leak from shower through shower door/curtain
    5. Main sewer is backing up

Check those out... Let us know what you've found out... Milo
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 02:43 PM

I go with Milo's #2 but change men to boys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water still leaking from toilet bowl.after replacing toilet! [ 6 Answers ]

The water was leaking from the bowl of our toilet and we were getting "phantom flushes"... water was also seen trickling into bowl... SO, we replaced the whole toilet as it was pretty darn old. We put in a new wax ring, installed the toilet correctly as far as we can tell... and now the water leaks...

Toilet drain has fallen wax from toilet base [ 3 Answers ]

I did not put the wax ring properly at base of the toilet and some of the wax fell in the toilet drain.now the toilet won't flush.I tried to run a snack in the drain but it is not catching on the snack. What can I use to remove or dissolve the wax.please help. THIS TOILET IN THE BASEMENT AND IT...

Leaking around base of toilet [ 4 Answers ]

We are having a persistent leak around the base of our toilet. First we replaced the wax ring. Still leaked. Then we replaced it again with a jumbo wax ring. Still leaked. I noticed the porcelain around one of the bolt at the base was cracked so we replaced the whole toilet w/ a brand new set...

Toilet leaking at the base [ 6 Answers ]

Our toilet is leaking from around the base. We have tightenind the bolts. We have replaced the ring twice in the past 6 months. It seems to be worse. We can't figure this out. Does anyone have any ideas for me? :confused: Also, the flange is sitting above the floor lavel. I wasn't sure if it...

Toilet not flushing, leaking water around base, shower backed up [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Our toilet would not flush this evening it just filled with water. We spent half an hour trying to use the plunger on it, only to discover that it was pushing all the water from the toilet into the shower standing next to it. We are in an above ground cottage with town water in & septic...

View more questions Search