Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vquest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Goats -- Swollen Udder But Not Mastitis?
    Similar question never answered effectively (2007).

We recently adopted two homeless adult female goats. One, which we were told had given birth a couple of years previously has a swollen bag on one side. This is not red or inflamed in any way and seems to cause her no discomfort, other than awkward walking (the swelling extends to the space between her hind legs).

She eats well, runs and plays with the other goats, so if not mastitis in any of its various forms, what is it? Could it be that this goat has had mastitis in the past and it's formed a permanent swelling or scar tissue? Don't know, but could sure use some advice on this one as she will come into season soon and I'm not sure we should have her bred.

Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping goats ? [ 8 Answers ]

How do you make a goat go to sleep?

Goats over a bridge? [ 5 Answers ]

What is a "troll" I see that tearm thrown around a lot, is it some kind of insult?

Taming Goats [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a doe and her two kids. I can sometimes put the mom but I can not even get near her to kids or her sometimes. What should I do?:)

Goats [ 1 Answers ]

Can you over feed a goat kid? The reason I ask is because I have one that it seems like he eats constantly and his stomach keeps on growing but the rest him seems to be staying small. Am I feeding him the right feed or should I be doing something different?:( I feel really bad about this and I...

Anybody know about goats? [ 1 Answers ]

I am very concerned about my goat. After being pregnant at least two weeks longer than the normal gestation period, she finally delivered one live baby and one long-dead baby this morning. She'd gotten absolutely huge. Massive. I'm pretty sure she has an infection, but there are no vets out here...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.