Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatpug Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Juvenile Probation
    My step son is out of state at college. He just got probation for an offense. He has 250 community service hours and 1 yr probabtion. 250 is a ton of hours for a college student to complete in 1 year. How does he submit his hours, do they really check all the hours. Will he be getting a form to be signed every time he does comm service. Also, can the probabtion officer call the dorm, for example, to see if he has been behaving or is in his room by a given curfew.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 07:33 AM

Please post your question once.

Didn't the PO address all of this? And, yes, other people have said the PO checked and they were charged with a violation for not meeting the terms of the probation.

If he has a curfew, yes, the PO can check on that.

What was the offense that got him 250 hours and 1 year probation?

If he is going to have trouble meeting the conditions of probation he can always take the jail time instead, get it over with.
    fatpug Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Sorry for posting twice, I meant to do it under criminal. There has not been any contact with PO. The judge didn't say there was a curfew, but the "intake" guy at the probation place said the rules of probabtion include a curfew. We are just very eager to get the answers. How do they check?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 08:55 AM

Hello f:

No, he won't be given a form to fill out. The people whom he works for will do the filling out.. Some places'll give him double hours. Some won't.

If his curfew is a condition of his probation, the PO can show up one night to see if he's home... No, he won't be doing any calling. Have you ever seen a cop call up some perp? Nahhh... They go SEE 'em. His PO is the same.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juvenile probation [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on juvenile probation and I have a 9 o'clock curfew... Does that go away once I turn 18?

Juvenile/Probation Officer Problems [ 6 Answers ]

My kid has some issues for the past few years that have escaletated to legal trouble partially because we haven't found the right meds back then. Thank the lord we figured it out and he is a changed kid now. The second time he got into trouble with the law I asked for DHS to get involved to help...

Juvenile law [ 2 Answers ]

Can a juvenile record be used against me as an adult

Juvenile Probation State of Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son that has been placed on probation for one year with the Dept. of Juvenile Justice, he just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago. Has been on probation since Dec. 2007 and now has a offer to go to work for the company that his father owns in La. He has a place to live and the job. Does anyone...

View more questions Search