Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BLackRob09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Juvenile probation
    I'm on juvenile probation and I have a 9 o'clock curfew... Does that go away once I turn 18?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2009, 09:26 PM

What was the judge's decision as to how long probation is to last?

How old are you now?
    BLackRob09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 07:39 AM

The judge never really gave me a date... When I asked my P.O. how long I was to be on she told me I was on "official probation" which mean I can technically be on until I'm 21. And I am 17 now turning 16 within the next couple weeks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 07:44 AM

Hello black:

I think you need some clarification. I know, that's why you asked here. But, the only person who knows the answer is your PO. I wouldn't ask about your curfew, though. I'd be asking about your sentence.

You are no longer a juvenile when you turn 18, so it wouldn't appear to me that they can keep you under juvenile supervision after that.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juvenile sex law [ 3 Answers ]

In Texas, what are the details regarding juvenile law and sexual harassment or something of the like? No physical contact, but REALLY obscene texts and ims between a 12 and 15 year old. Can something be done legally? Both are willing participants, but obviously the mother is none too happy about it.

Juvenile/Probation Officer Problems [ 6 Answers ]

My kid has some issues for the past few years that have escaletated to legal trouble partially because we haven't found the right meds back then. Thank the lord we figured it out and he is a changed kid now. The second time he got into trouble with the law I asked for DHS to get involved to help...

Juvenile law [ 2 Answers ]

Can a juvenile record be used against me as an adult

Juvenile Probation State of Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son that has been placed on probation for one year with the Dept. of Juvenile Justice, he just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago. Has been on probation since Dec. 2007 and now has a offer to go to work for the company that his father owns in La. He has a place to live and the job. Does anyone...

Juvenile record [ 1 Answers ]

Does a juvenile record in Oregon follow you into adult hood? When age 16 I stole my grandmothers car and succeeded to wreck it totally. I did not have a driver license. Grandmother reported the car stolen. Now at age 32, Oregon will not issue me a driver license because I stole the car and...

View more questions Search