Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkshygrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 06:43 PM
    New Kitten who has some problems
    My boyfriend and I just got a new kitten a few day ago. He had traveled from Prescott to the Valley in a Tire Wheel. A couple of his paws we're scratched up but other than that there was no other damage.

He is about maybe a month and a half we guess and we did find Ticks on him and cleaned him of those but he also has worms. We really Don't have a lot of extra cash to take him to the vet to get him dewormed, we will if there is no other option, but is there any other things we should try first?

We switch on wet food and some regular cat food(again no extra cash to buy kitten food so we give him regular cause we have two other cats) We keep him away as much as we can from the other cats, for now because of the worms and ticks.

Any help please?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 06:50 PM

Call the vet and see if he will work out an easy payment plan or will accept a bartering situation where, for instance, you bring homemade cookies every Monday for a month or do some cleaning around the office/clinic. The kitten should definitely be seen by a vet.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Oct 8, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Perhaps take this kitten to a rescue shelter. He needs to be with people who can de-worm him and vaccinate him, neuter him, etc. If you can't afford to care for this kitten properly, you should give him to people who can. No disrespect intended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten eye problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of about 4 houses on my street who care for the feral and wild cats in our neighborhood. Two of my mommas had a total of 8 kittens about 3 weeks ago. About three of them have eye problems where they are gunked shut. Some with one eye and one with both eyes. The eye drops I use to clean...

Kitten with litter box problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is coming up on 15 weeks old. We trained him to use the litter box and we have seen him use it. Our problem is this: He KNOWS how to use the litter box but apparently refuses to do so unless he wants to. We are finding piles all over our home and he is the ONLY one not...

Kitten and Water Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have a four month old kitten that is the greatest, except when it comes to meal time. I feed her twice a day and give her fresh water at lest twice a day. But once she finishes eating, she will stick her paw in the water and then pushes her food and water dish all around the kitchen. She spills...

New Kitten Problems [ 1 Answers ]

We just got a new kitten who is about eight weeks old and we are having a couple of problems. The first problem is that it (we're not sure if it's a male or female yet) won't use the litter box. We just have one of the open boxes and about an inch and a half of litter in it. I will put the kitten...

Kitten medical problems. [ 3 Answers ]

12 day old kitten had severe swelling of the upper left arm. The next day the area around the swelling lost all hair and white puss was visible. Most of the puss was removed and the wound was treated with antibiotic sav. Any idea what this could be?

View more questions Search