Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elflauta Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Water leaking through the wall to the outside
    When I run a lot of water through my kitchen sink it drains into the carport I assume through the wall. I have looked under the sink and see nothing. I went outside and saw the puddle and was perplexed. My home sits on a cement slab. I don't want to tear out the cabinets or wall. How can I see what's going on without major damage to the home? We are on a very limited budget. Thanks, Wes in Odessa, Texas.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 8, 2009, 12:34 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. The horizontal drain line in the wall had sprung a leak and all the water was draining inside the wall and draining out on the floor.
    The drain will have to be replaced. You have two options to go about this.
    1) You can remove the cabinet and open up the wall, **OR**
    2) You can do what I did. Take out a section of the outside block wall and replace the drain from the sanitary tee to the stub-outr.
    I then put up hardware cloth, patched the opening and painted it the same color and the job was done without removing the sink and cabinets. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have water leaking in the wall and can't figure out where it is coming from. [ 3 Answers ]

We noticed water damage on the kitchen ceiling. We cut out a piece of the ceiling and saw that the drip was coming from around a PVC pipe. On the second floor directly above the leak is a sink and vanity. All of the pipes seemed dry so we pulled the sink and vanity and cut open the wall.(This is an...

Plumbing, water leaking from kitchen ceiling/wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming down from kitchen ceiling (under bathroom) and the outside wall has a soaked through patch clearly visible at the bathroom floor level. The insurer's plumber says the job requires a 'dig out' - what does this mean? I understand I have a 'lead' pipe under the bathtub that may...

Concrete cinderblock exterior wall leaking water [ 8 Answers ]

The drywall and baseboards in the inside exterior kitchen wall were rotting and wet. It is about 6-10 inches above ground level. We live in a concrtete cinderblock house in Florida. After removing the exterior stucco we found water oozing from what appears to be inside the conctrete. What could...

Water Leaking through the Shower Tile Wall [ 1 Answers ]

I take a shower and when the shower dry's I see some water leaking at the bottom where it comes through the wall into the shower at floor. After I saw that I went back and added more teflon tape for the shower faucets and new rubber and new monel seats. I still see a little water draining out the...

Fix water leaking through tile on shower wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shower where water is leaking through the tiles on the wall, leaving puddles on the floor. There are visibile gaps from where the tile shrunk along the lowest row of tiles right above the bathtub. Do I need to remove the tile and then recaulk, or simply recaulk where there are visible...

View more questions Search