Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    channtas28 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 10:24 PM
    Plumbing
    I recently connected my water supply from basement to top floor bathroom and kitchen, however I'm not getting any water through the faucets in the kitchen,bath tub and bathroom sink. Water is coming up in the supply tubes as well as the sprayer hose in the kitchen sink, however nothing from the sower as well as the tub, I am however receiving the cold water to the toilet and that works fine. What could the problem be. I used some bread to help dry the pipe in order that I could solder some of the lines, however, my assistant informed me that he used pieces of paper towel to keep some of the copper pipes dry in order to solder them. Could this be a problem? Is there any thing that I can used to flush the lines or clear them? I did remove the kitchen as well as the bathroom faucet and remove various debris as well as bread crumbs, however after re attaching them, still nothing. Water is shooting out of the kitchen sprayer hose as well as another hot water hose under the kitchen sink, also the ice maker line is flowing freely to the refrigerator, but not coming out of the kitchen sink tap, nor the bathroom sink or the shower and tub. Please help. I hope that I was very clear with my description of the situation.

Thanks Channtas28
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 1, 2006, 07:47 AM
    Hey Channtas,

Not only did you disturb and dislodge minerals built up in your pipe walls but you helped the blockage along by inserting paper toweling in the pipes. While bread may dissolve paper toweling will not. As you opened up and tested the piping and faucets you sucked the trash up into the cartridge inlet ports and the aerator screens. Did you check the in let ports? Did you flush out the supplies when you had the faucets apart? You're going to hafta go back and open up every faucet that's malfunctioning and clear the inlets. Then flush out the supplies by turning the water back on. How could you put paper toweling in a water line, leave it there and not expect problems? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

We have very low water pressure in our Kitchen sink /. All the other faucets are fine for pressure. What can l do? Thanks for your help!

Plumbing [ 6 Answers ]

Help kitchen faucet- water willnot come through spigot I replaced washers, when water was turned on would not flow through faucet what do I need to do now?

Plumbing [ 5 Answers ]

Bought an old house - over 50 yrs old in town - sewer problems from day one - Backed up sewage - had plumber in and of course paid out a large sum of money for a continuous problem. Long story short - had a bunch of roots in the concrete pipes. Now that seems to be fixed - I hope. Problem now is...

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

How do you put in a rubber/ spring in the hole under the cartridge faucet? Position of Rubber and spring?

View more questions Search