Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grammya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Paying reduced amount for debt
    Thanks in advance for any answers you can give. I have been receiving letters from Asset Acceptance LLC for a debt that I believe to be my daughter's debt, but in my name. The debt is for a utility (electricity). The total charges were $450.00+ (not sure of the exact amount). I received a letter offering me the opportunity to settle this debt for about $150.00. Since this isn't my debt, I originally ignored the letter (as I had all the others)but a phone call to my home the other night from a very rude young man got me to thinking that I might be in a lot of trouble if this debt wasn't paid. So this morning I mailed off a check for the amount offered to settle. But, I have spent the day looking online at how ruthless this company is and I have a knot in my stomach that sort of says that I did the wrong thing. Can anyone tell me if there is going to be a kickback from making payment? Am I going to regret this or is it done and over with and the only person that I have to deal with is my daughter? Any advise is welcome.
    redbone10 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Hi Grammya,

These bill collectors are not only rude, they are ruthless! Some of them trick you into paying a lesser amount and then next thing you know, you've got a bill in the mail demanding the full amount because by paying anything, you are admitting that you do in fact owe the bill. Hope this tricky situation does not happen to you. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car dealer not giving me the title after paying the amount [ 25 Answers ]

Hi,I have purchased a car HYUNDAI and even after giving the complete payment, some with cash and also with check, but even after 3 months the dealer has not given me the title.I have complained with the DMV and surrendered the car to the Jersey city police and came to know that the dealer has not...

Co signed bank loan, and ended up paying the entire amount back myself. [ 3 Answers ]

I co-signed a bank note for my brother, in New Hampshire, for $ 4000.00 (believe it was in 2001). He never made the first payment, then stopped all contact with me. I am not sure where he is living in the general area since I saw him at a wedding last night. Both late notices were originally...

After my delevery I have reduced weight, my tummy is not reduced [ 1 Answers ]

I got my kid 1.5 yrs back I have reduced my weight, but my tummy is not reduced.

View more questions Search