Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddog40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 09:19 AM
    1998 chevy cavalier air bag sensor?
    My daughter has a 1998 cavalier we just bought used about a month ago, she a little problem last week the car was involved with some flooding in the interior. When it came back from the shop after some repairs I noticed the airbag sensor light on, I found the sensor under the front passenger rug when I pull it out to dry. Could the water have affected it, and can I try to spray a electronic solution on the terminals to see if that will clean it. Or will I have to replace it and how much it may cost.

Thanks
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Sep 5, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Sure you can spray electronic contact cleaner on it. But if your daughter gets into an accident and the air bag doesn't go off and she's injured, you'll never get nominated for Father of the Year.

It's a safety item. It's your daughter's car. Replace the sensor.

Then sleep well at night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 chevy cavalier ets light, won't start [ 21 Answers ]

Hi all, hope someone can help with my problem. My sister has a 1998 chevy cavalier z24 automatic 4 cyl. About a week ago the ETS light come on, no other lights. The buzzer was buzzing when she put the key in to start it and going down the road it would go off and on. Then it started jerking and...

Chevy Cavalier 1998 acting up [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I accelerate my car hesitates to reach speed then accelerates normal... Same with when I am on the freeway. When I'm driving on the freeway and I want to accelerate faster it hesitates to go faster then, finally will let me. What is wrong with it!:mad:

1998 Chevy Cavalier ETS light on [ 3 Answers ]

We just purchased a 1998 Chevy Cavalier last week for my daughter, it has 65,000 miles. It has been driving fine, except today the ETS light went on, it was sluggish and then the car died.. the engine light went on, oil etc. She started it up again and parked it, but what would make this ETS...

Vss sensor 98 chevy cavalier [ 2 Answers ]

Can you help me? I have a 98 chevy cavalier, while driving my rpm's jump and Down 500 rpm at a time. I was told it was a vss sensor. I went to a parts store and They said the vehicle takes two sensors. I put in one, the other looks like a magnetic pick up. I can't find out where it fits. The...

1998 Chevy Cavalier needs a new ignition module and coil.I think [ 1 Answers ]

My car's been running perfectly fine, and then last Saturday I started it up to take it in for an oil change, and the engine jerked and then a few seconds later cut out completely. I started it up, tried revving the engine since it seemed like it was having trouble getting things going, but nothing...

View more questions Search