Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almostbutno Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Stress. Work. No money. I give up
    School just started and I'm already stressing out. So much homework, I think I'm going to go insane. It's the first time all my classes are advanced and I can't deal with it. On top of that my parents aren't beinng very helpful. Everything is money and I have over 100 dollars in school fees. And my mom yells at me for it. Its not my faut or choice to pay lab fees. I just have to. My head hurts! My english teacher expects me to buy 3 books all by August 31st. I hate school so much right now. And my calculator broke today. I can't handle this by myself. I don't think any 16 year old should be taking nyquil every night just so they can get to sleep for 3 hours. And an aspirin every morning. Some one just put me out of my misery. I can't even focus right, classes are so hard this year, and EVERYTHING is money... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 02:20 PM

Welcome to the world..

Could you get a part time job at the weekends to cover some of your expenses?
    If your parents see your trying maybe they will meet you half way.

Consider your parents position,food bills rent/mortage/car..

I know its all money,but see if you can do something to help yourself.
    Can you get second hand books?
    Is there a book rental scheme in your school?
    Check things out.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 05:41 PM

If you are 16 and are in college something is wrong here that you don't know what things were going to cost. Your parents should have checked things out financially and if they could not have afforded the lab fees, the book costs, etc. they should not have sent you this year and waited until you could have afforded everything.

You are under a lot of pressure and if you have to drink nyquil to get to sleep you are definitely not going to be able to do your schoolwork properly or pay attention or stay awake to learn anything.

I think you bit off more than you can handle and need to sit down with someone at your college and talk with them and see if they have anything to offer you such as a direction on where to get a job to help you cope with the finances.

From reading your other posts I don't think you are in college. In college they don't make you wear uniforms so you must be in high school.

You need to ask your real dad to help pitch in with some money. If he hasn't been paying dime one in child support may be needs to start paying for your school lab fees and buying you the 3 books you need. Dad needs to step up and start being a dad and paying for your support. Since he hasn't been paying your mother anything, you must ask him for this. Mom still can take him to court and have money taken out of his salary every week. Why hasn't she done this? All she has to do is go to the Child Support Agency and they will do this all for free for her. Doesn't matter if she hates his guts, he is still your father and he has a financial obligation towards you until you turn 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FAMILY- do we have to give her money? [ 4 Answers ]

Help... we had an elderly relative who lived with us, we both put money into the house, however things took a turn for the worse when she got quite nasty towards us and our children, she still had plenty money to buy another property and has done so off her own back whilst saying she has nothing to...

Does any hard money lender still give referral fee? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Oklahoma and I'm looking for a hard money lender that gives referral fees for submissions. I am also looking a lender that gives referral fees for lines of credit. Please let me know if there is anyone out there. Thanks.

Stress or Anxiety due to work position [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a broker and I used to be on the telephones, however I hated it due to the high stress it entailed so I moved to electronic communication (i.e e-mail). Now because it is getting busy, I will have to get back on the phones at times. I cannot tell you how much anxiety I have when I...

How much money to give [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much you pay a priest and alter boys at a Catholic wedding?

Give Her The Money, Or Is There A Law In California? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a rather upsetting question that I need to find out if it's true for my peace of mind. My step sister is a felon and stole approximately $32,000 from my dad and step mom while they had dementia. She took them to the bank and got power of attorney. My dad who is deceased left a will stating...

View more questions Search