Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 05:24 PM
    What can happen if I use adult flea dip on a 7 week old puppy ?
    What can happen to a puppy that is 7 weeks old if I use a flea dip that is recommended for puppies over 12 weeks old? Please help!!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 06:34 PM

You can kill the pup. If you have already done the dip I would contact your vet now!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 11:19 PM

If you have done this already you need to get the pup to the vet IMMEDIATELY, they can overdose on the flea medication.

There are products available for pups as young as 6 weeks but you have to read the label CAREFULLY.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 03:34 AM
    To answer your question specifically as to what can happen: dizziness, vomiting, hotspots, chemical burns, nerve damage, hormonal imbalances, early death, immediate death.

See why you should be at the vet instead of on the computer? Bye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

8 Week kitten Flea error - URGENT [ 4 Answers ]

I got 2 kittens yesterday, one has fleas (or ticks or something ikky) I just put some spot on him and then seconds later realised it was for 12 weeks old only. Have I hurt him? What should I do? Never had cats before and am terrified! Please help!

Puppy and adult cat [ 6 Answers ]

I am about to get a 7 week old collie puppy and have an 8 year old cat. I was a bit worried about the cat bullying the puppy. Does anyone have any ideas about keeping any confrontation to a minimal ?

2 week kittens flea infested [ 1 Answers ]

Yes I was wondering if anyone would know if it is OK to use vinger water on 2 week old kittens... We have found a mother and took her in and she gave birth 2 5 kittens... and now all of them are infested with fleas bad... I need to know if there is anything cheap we can use for them... I heard...

Flea treatment for 10 week old puppy [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old belgian shepherd who is chewing the hair off his backside right above his tail. I washed him in sergeants flea shampoo for puppies but it is only getting worse. Can anyone recommend a flea treatment that is safe for puppies and is there anything topical to stop him from chewing...

Adult dog and puppy chow [ 1 Answers ]

Hi--I mistakenly bought the wrong kind of dog food for our 5 year old Brittany--I got her normal type, Eukanuba Lamb and Rice, but accidentally bought the puppy version of it. Will eating it be a problem for her? Should I buy new food, or let her eat this and buy new food next time? Thanks!

View more questions Search