Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyroo77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 02:20 PM
    8 Week kitten Flea error - URGENT
    I got 2 kittens yesterday, one has fleas (or ticks or something ikky) I just put some spot on him and then seconds later realised it was for 12 weeks old only.

Have I hurt him? What should I do?

Never had cats before and am terrified!

Please help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andyroo77 View Post
    I got 2 kittens yesterday, one has fleas (or ticks or something ikky) I just put some spot on him and then seconds later realised it was for 12 weeks old only.

Have I hurt him? What should I do?

never had cats before and am terrified!!

please help!

Yesterday I would have told you to wash it off - today you have to wait and see. It can cause neurological damage and only time will tell -
    Coalcracker0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 03:50 PM
    You can try calling any pet ER clinic, or even a vet, if you don't have one of your own. Explain what happened and they may be able to advise you. Also, check the product label to see if there is a toll-free number for you to call.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 06:06 PM

Judy, it looks like she got the cats yesterday, but it sounds like she "just" put the flea and tick drops on a little more than an hour before you posted.

Andy, go and call your vet now if you haven't done so already. They will be able to give you the professional medical advice that you need.

Also, since you've never had cats before, I definitely suggest you pick up a good book or two on cat care and training. They'll save you lots of time, energy and guessing! By the way, congratulations for you and your new fur babies!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by linnealand View Post
    judy, it looks like she got the cats yesterday, but it sounds like she "just" put the flea and tick drops on a little more than an hour before you posted.

andy, go and call your vet now if you haven't done so already. they will be able to give you the professional medical advice that you need.

also, since you've never had cats before, i definitely suggest you pick up a good book or two on cat care and training. they'll save you lots of time, energy and guessing! by the way, congratulations for you and your new fur babies!

I don't know if "I just" means "all I did was" or "two seconds ago" -

At any rate, good advice and thanks for the insight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten and mom flea infestation [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 week old kittens, their mom, and now my house are infested with fleas. What can I safely use?

2 week kittens flea infested [ 1 Answers ]

Yes I was wondering if anyone would know if it is OK to use vinger water on 2 week old kittens... We have found a mother and took her in and she gave birth 2 5 kittens... and now all of them are infested with fleas bad... I need to know if there is anything cheap we can use for them... I heard...

8 week old kitten [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a 8 week old tabby yesterday. She has not eaten nor drank anything nor has she used the litterbox. Is this normal? Is so how often does a 8 week old kitten use the litterbox? Will she begin eating on her own? Thanks in advance for your help!

Flea treatment for 10 week old puppy [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old belgian shepherd who is chewing the hair off his backside right above his tail. I washed him in sergeants flea shampoo for puppies but it is only getting worse. Can anyone recommend a flea treatment that is safe for puppies and is there anything topical to stop him from chewing...

Kitten - urgent advice needed [ 4 Answers ]

Dear All, We brought home a stray kitten at the age of 2 weeks. Everything had been all right with him until the time he got about 4 months old. We were about to take him to the vet for the initial vacination when suddenly he started losing hair on his head. There appeared some small verruca like...

View more questions Search