Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TL4ever Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Aug 20, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Right-click not working
    On most websties, every time I try to right-click it simply won't let me
    And nothing happends about it
    Please help me out, and thanks for your time!
    FaiWay Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 02:27 PM

If your right click is working on some sites and not others, then it is safe to assume you have reached a website where they have deliberately disabled the right click to prevent piracy of their photos or other graphics. If you look you will usually see a note about the right click being disabled at the bottom in small print or even larger print.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 04:09 PM

Above is true and in some instances, closing your browser and re-opening will resolve but it could also be as mentioned above
    TL4ever Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Aug 20, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FaiWay View Post
    if your right click is working on some sites and not others, then it is safe to assume you have reached a website where they have deliberately disabled the right click to prevent piracy of their photos or other graphics. if you look you will usually see a note about the right click being disabled at the bottom in small print or even larger print.
    I don't think it's that...
    Even on here, I can't right-click when I select or is trying to correct my spelling.
    And I tried going to my mouse/touchpad's properties, everything looks the same..
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 05:48 PM

Sooo... which are you using? A mouse or a touchpad?

If it's a mouse, first try using another mouse. No sense in digging into your computer if it's the mouse that's faulty.

If you tried a mouse that you know works and it still doesn't work, double check the mouse properties (I know you said you did already, but not knowing how much you know, just make sure it is set correctly).

If it still is not working, then I would do one of two things. Think back to when the problem started and remember if there were any programs that you may have installed that may be overriding or conflicting with your mouse.

If nothing, then uninstall the mouse drivers... reboot your computer, reinstall the mouse drivers (unless Windows reinstalls them for you) and go from there. Before you do that, research your mouse & the mouse drivers first so your not stuck keybaording around the net looking for them.

If your using a touchpad (on a laptop) then skip the first step... but the rest is about the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC fan stopped working, no humming, click.nothing [ 3 Answers ]

I notice the temp in the house started going up despite being set low. Live in Texas and this year we are breaking all the heat records, so it doesn't take long to get hot inside. Inside unit appears to be fine, but the fan outside isn't coming on. I had my son turn it on while I was right up...

Can somebody click this link, webpage not working? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm in the process of making a website for my mums show dogs, but I've uploaded the page to a free-hosting site and gave her the address and she says she can't see it. It's working on my computer :confused: Can someone click on the link below and let me know if you can see the page... ...

Left Click is Right Click, Freezing up, and Vundo! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This just randomly started acting up yesterday... I clicked on the desktop and the menu that comes up when you normally right click opened. So basically my left click is like my right click. When I try to right click, nothing happens. So I ventured into trying to fix it and my...

View more questions Search