Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 04:45 PM
    Ac power is on but unit will not come on
    Ac power is on but unit will not come on.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 07:18 PM

How do you know you have power to the unit. Breakers on, are fuses in disonnect outside good? Does the blower inside the furnace come on? Need more info here, and we will try to help you out.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Maybe there no low voltage (smaller tstat wire {24 volt}) sending power to the contactor in condenser unit

But first have you checked with a meter,are you sure there is high voltage 230 volts at the unit

Is there any sounds whatsoever coming from the condenser unit when tstat is calling for cool or ac to be on?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Dad77 answered while I was writing my long letter, :),:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C unit has no power [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on a lennox ac unit, when I first looked at it everything was running but the blower fan on the inside was not running. I changed the thermostat and now nothing is working . I think it might be the circuit board. Anyone have any ideas?

No power going to AC unit [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I have problem with my AC there in no power going out to the unite I have check all the fusses I could find the one outsider by the unit it was fine put there was no power I used my voltmeter also I blower working good the thermostats also working fine it turn on and off and if you change the...

HVAC unit power [ 1 Answers ]

How do I turn off the HVAC unit power?

New ac unit no power [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I have a brand new air conditioner and furnace and I cannot get the a/c on. I have read many sites and the problem seems to be no power to the outside unit. I have checked the breakers, but assume it hasn't been tripped as it has never been on! The other problem is that my panel is not...

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

View more questions Search