Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Illsef Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 12:00 AM
    Emergency Contraceptive
    Hi

I was on my period last Sunday had sex with a condom and the condom broke. So I only took the emergency contraceptive on Monday (Afternoon).

My period stopped on Tuesday then all of a sudden I got my period again last night (Friday). How is this possible or is it just the ECP?

Please advise

Thank you

Illse
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 12:20 AM

First off, I'm unsure as to what "emergency contraceptive" you used, but I'm assuming you used something like Plan B?

I recommend reading the instructions, warnings, etc. on the box. It should explain any side effects. It's possible that it was just your body reacting to the hormones.
    Since most of them work the same, I found this. Here's the warning, as per the PLAN B FAQ PAGE:
    When used as directed, Plan B® One-Step is safe and effective. Side effects may include changes in your period, nausea, lower abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness and breast tenderness. Some women may have changes in their period, a heavier or lighter next period, or a period that is early or late. If your period is more than a week late, you may be pregnant. If you have severe abdominal pain, you may have an ectopic pregnancy, and should get immediate medical attention.

Also, are you SURE it was your period? Or, could it just be post-implantation bleeding?
    Illsef Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 02:30 AM

Hi the contraceptive is called Ovral. I have used it before and I never had unusual bleeding. But like I said I was on my period when I took it and 3 days later started to bleed...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double Effective Emergency Contraceptive [ 1 Answers ]

I've had unprotected sex multiple times during the past week, which started on my period. I've never been pregnant and never really worry that I am. However I was researching the chances of getting pregnant while menstruating and immediately after and decided to take measures because sperm can...

Contraceptive pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm on the contraceptive pill and I wonder whether it mattered if I took the pill an hour late than usual. I usually take it at ten but because of the clocks going back I've been taking them at nine instead. But for the past two days I forgot and took them at ten instead does this matter or...

Emergency contraceptive pill [ 2 Answers ]

If d emergency contraceptive pill"ipill" is taken by a 17year old girl is it safe ?

Emergency contraceptive - I'm really worried! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I missed my pill on Monday so I took the forgotten pill on Tuesday morning (only the one because I had lost my next packet.) Tuesday night I had unprotected sex with my partner because I remembered taking the pill (but forgot that I missed it Monday!) Wednesday morning I took my pill plus...

View more questions Search