Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abdella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Stability of skin lightening creams
    I am formulating the bleaching creams in my clinic.I use the following formula
    Hydroquine 3%
    Kojic 3%
    Ascorby palmitate 3%
    Lactic acid 2%
    vitamin E 1%
    Retine A 0.01%
    Azelaic acid 4%
    vitamin k 2%
    Hydrocortison 2%
    My quositon is normaly I put methyl paraben and propyl paraben as a preservave.Tetra sodium EDTA as chelator and as well as lactic acid anti bacterial.when it kept in refragarator it will not change its color but out side refragator within one week it change its color and please advice me to maintain its stability.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 07:37 PM
    This looks like it will be effective in lightening. Parabens are carcinogenic and can cause cancer and EDTA is cytotoxic and an organic pollutant (I'm trying to search for safer options in cosmetics). Grapefruit Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate are among the few known to be safer options. Also, hydrocortisone is a steroid, are you sure you want to use it in your formula? How long will your formula last in the refrigerator?

Abdella can you post the directions on how to mix the ingredients or pm it to me?

Edit: I had to erase the Germaben II because I read that it is parabens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Creams [ 10 Answers ]

I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. ...

What are the best skin lightening creams? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a skin lightener (not meladerm) to make me about 1 or 2 shades lighter. Any suggestions?

Where can I get skin lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get skin lightening products. I have gone to walgreens and walmart amongst other locations were I assumed skin lightening products would be available.but I haven't really found any good products. Help!!

View more questions Search