Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhona64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 06:48 AM
    Toilet flush backing up into shower
    When I flush my downstairs loo a small amout of the flush water backs up into the shower tray and then it disappears. What can I do to sort this out? I have tried chemical sink unblocker in the shower plug but that hasn't worked.
    Can anyone help? Many thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 13, 2009, 07:25 AM
    As a repair plumber I have never recommended using harsh chemicals. In your drainage system. Besides they only seem to work in TV commercials and when you try to remove the water you could burn your hands or damage your eyes. I prefer to snake a drain line m uself but if chemicals are your thing then Try this for your drain. Tonight before bedtime pour 1/2 gallon of bleach down the drain and let it set over night. Next morning, ( and this is important ) flush the mess out with two large pans of boiling water.
    The bleach will start to dissolve the hair and make it slippery and the boiling water will melt the grease and flush it away. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My toilet waste is backing up into the shower [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My toilet was clogged but then I unclogged it with the plunger so I thought everything was OK. Then, later, I was running water in the bathroom sink and heard a glob glob sound from the shower. Then, to my horror, the dirty, smelly waste was coming up the shower drain! I went back to the...

New basement shower and toilet backing up [ 1 Answers ]

Recently had a new bath (including shower and toilet) installed in my basement. We have been using it foe about one month and until two days ago, had no problems. We noticed a little black residue in the bottom of the shower and dismissed it (I know, but we have teenagers). Yes, this should have...

Shower drain and toilet backing up [ 1 Answers ]

So I stumbled upon this site looking for answers about a very bad situation going on in our home. One of the bathrooms are backing up really bad and spill sewage on the floor. I got a tip here saying the snake out the bathroom vents. We did that and it did seem to be stuck with something that came...

Shower & toilet backing up [ 2 Answers ]

Toilet and shower in the master bedroom backing up

Toilet backing up into shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I have toilet paper and other lovely things coming into my shower and bathtub. The vent was checked on the roof as well as the pipe outside that we had to dig to get to. I thought I had fixed it when I just kept cleaning the stuff out of the shower after every flush and finally it was...

View more questions Search