Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neptuned Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Shower drain and toilet backing up
    So I stumbled upon this site looking for answers about a very bad situation going on in our home. One of the bathrooms are backing up really bad and spill sewage on the floor. I got a tip here saying the snake out the bathroom vents. We did that and it did seem to be stuck with something that came up. Afterwards the bathroom started to back up even more when someone would either do the dishes or take a shower in the other bath. We tried to snake the vents again but it did seem to be stuck with something. Is there something else that we can do? The snake that we bought is 25' long and I would think its sufficient enough to go through the vent. Any advice?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Oct 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
    By "vent", I'm assuming you mean the drain pipes. If all drains on the bottom-most floor of your home is having problems, it sounds more like the main drain line, where all the piping meets, is clogged up. If that is the case, it will take more than 25' feet of a snake.

XenoSapien

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My toilet waste is backing up into the shower [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My toilet was clogged but then I unclogged it with the plunger so I thought everything was OK. Then, later, I was running water in the bathroom sink and heard a glob glob sound from the shower. Then, to my horror, the dirty, smelly waste was coming up the shower drain! I went back to the...

Toilet and Shower Drain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I recently purchased a condo and have begun remodeling the bathroom which is on the second floor. I am not very experienced with any of this and was hoping someone could tell me if what I have done so far sounds good. First Question: For the new bathroom I needed to move the toilet over 1'....

Shower & toilet backing up [ 2 Answers ]

Toilet and shower in the master bedroom backing up

Shower drain backing up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a shower drain that was moved from its previous location 2 yrs ago, since then when several drains are active, ie: upstairs toilet flushed and dishwasher draining I get water coming up through the shower drain, the original drain was under a 6" raised floor the new location is not elevated...

Toilet backing up into shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I have toilet paper and other lovely things coming into my shower and bathtub. The vent was checked on the roof as well as the pipe outside that we had to dig to get to. I thought I had fixed it when I just kept cleaning the stuff out of the shower after every flush and finally it was...

View more questions Search