Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberly600 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Tile trim for tub floor
    My first installer did not level the tub in new bathroom, among other things. Once his new tile job was taken down this was discovered, among other things again. Tub had to be pushed back about 3/4 inch, leaving gap on tile floor.
    Any ideas on how to fill this gap? Aside from ripping out the tile on the floor in front of tub? I'm looking to finish this 4 month long redo (!) this week.
    I've found 1/4 and 3/8 and 1inch quarter round - but none quite fit.
    I found a great new contractor - his tile and carpentry work are first rate.

Thanks!

Kim
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 11, 2009, 09:06 AM

Do you have any left over tile

Aug 11, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Yes, plenty

Aug 11, 2009, 09:23 AM

If you have access to a wet saw you could cut slivers of tile to fill in the area then grout. Your new tile contractor might be willing to do this for you. Can you post a pic of what you have?

Aug 11, 2009, 09:26 AM
    He has a wet saw - but has already disassembled and taken home.
    I will try to post pictures tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for your help!

Kim

Aug 11, 2009, 09:30 AM

No problem will wait for the pics GOOD LUCK,AC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is tile bullnose baseboard installed before or after floor tile? [ 8 Answers ]

My porcelain tile comes with a bullnose that I want to use as the baseboard. I found a response to another question, stating that the floor should be installed first, but I want a grout line between the floor tile and the baseboard, it would be very hard to make it uniform if the floor is...

Tile trim [ 1 Answers ]

We trimmed floor tile on the wall side edge by cutting the floor tile in half, leaving a raw edge going up wall. The tile edge is 3/8" thick. The tile guy put cheap plastic edging on top, and the look ruins the whole thing! Help please. Can I paint the raw edge or is there a ceramic or other 3/8"...

Tile to Trim. Best/correct way to finish it off [ 2 Answers ]

This may be a matter of opinion, but what is the best/correct way to finish off your tile to the baseboard trim. Shoud this be grout or perhaps caulk?

How to trim bottom door casings for tile [ 13 Answers ]

I been wondering which saw be it manual or motor powered is the best for cutting existing door moldings at the bottom to compensate for the extra thickness of a new floor such as hardwood flooring or bathroom projects using hardibacker,new tile? To date, I've used a sawsall with a long fine tooth...

Laminate floor trim [ 1 Answers ]

I just laid new laminate floor in a hall way. It rests up against tile floor in the entry way. I can't seem to get the floor trim to stay on the floor. My wife and I both kick it and so do our two dogs. The plastic that is suppose to go under the trim never seems to work. I can't get the trim into...

View more questions Search