Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoJo1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Ceiling Fan/Light Switch Control
    We purchased a home w/4 Harbor Breeze ceiling fan/light fixtures. All work by remote. If the light &/or fan are on, & you flip the wall switch to off, the fixure goes off. You return & flip the wall switch to on, & the fixure goes on again. This is NOT the case with one of them though. Once you return & flip the wall switch to on, the fixure doesn't go on again -- you must use the remote to turn the lights/fan on. Is this a setting or something? Why do 3 of them work the one way & only one doesn't? It's a pain to hunt for the remote in the dark just to turn the light on in that room. I don't wish to install a new Harbor Breeze switch, I just want this 4th fixure to work like the other 3. Any advice? I can't locate a manual online.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 08:33 PM

That's normal. Some fans have no memory for when you turn the wall switch off/on. Best just to use the remote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a light kit to ceiling fan w/ light & dimmer switch [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to add a light kit to a ceiling fan(cannot find a name on it) that is currently hooked and working up in our family room - since we moved in 6 years ago (house was built in 1991). I would like this to operate like our bedroom ceiling fan (which already has a light attached) and...

How to install a ceiling fan with a light and switch controlling the light and fan [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've read so many posts, but can't figure this out. (don't laugh) At the switch: The wiring from the wall has RED, BLACK, and GROUND (bare). The switch is a dimmer for both the fan and light. Wires are BLUE, RED, and BLACK. SO, how do I hook this up? At the fan: The wiring from...

Installation of ceiling fan/light control switch [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to install an all in one ceiling fan/light control wall switch. My wiring is old & no longer color coded inside the wall switch box. There are 2 wires connected together inside the box which I know are hot & 3 others I need to identify. There are 2 wires at the ceiling box, white &...

Wiring for DUAL wall switch to control Ceiling Fan and Light Separately [ 20 Answers ]

Greetings. I recently bought a new ceiling fan and light kit to replace one that had been in my sun porch for over 20 years. A dual wall switch was always used to control the light and fan separately on the older fan. The fan speeds were controlled by pull chain. Before I took the old fan down, I...

Wiring ceiling fan switch and light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the flywheel on my Hunter ceiling fan and I had to remove the light kit that was attached. After I installed the flywheel, I forgot to mark the wires for re-connection. This is an older model fan. There are five wires coming from the fan motor--brown, blue, white, black and...

View more questions Search