Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chatham berry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Water heater Recirculating line leak
    I am buying a new home and the inspector saw damages to the water heater (black burn marks on the inside insulation and a little water damage). The sellers hired a plumber to look at this. Below is the plumber's notes on the invoice.

-Investigated water heater leak found to be recirculating line leaking. Problem taken care of and no other leaks were found on the water heater,

I was told they replaced the thermastat. Does this sound right and should I request more detail from the Plumber as to what was done?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 09:45 AM

Can you post a picture of your water heater and the Recirculating pump?

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 6, 2009, 12:42 PM
    The plumbers statement should be enough for the inspector on the leak. I question whether a faulty thermostat would cause burn marks on the insulation Regards, tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 10:34 PM

Circ pump leak and thermostat are two different things. Please, post photo. We'll tell you right away what's wrong...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 7, 2009, 05:15 AM
    And I'd like a picture of the burned area. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic water line leak near water connector at sink [ 4 Answers ]

How can I fix a leak in blue plastic tubing that goes to ice maker? The leak is under the sink and tubing goes under the house to fridge on other side of room.

Water supply line leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a pvc water supply line attached to another plastic line via a male/ female threaded adapter. There is a tiny leak from the connection, most likely because I failed to use enough teflon tape. How can I stop this leak without taking everything apart, as I have glued all the other joints...

Leak in slab from water pipe from water heater [ 4 Answers ]

Looks like I need help. Would like an overall on what I can expect when I talk to a plumber. And should I have all pipes replaced (house 60 years old), how long should this take, what would cost range be for job in southern CA? Should all piping be checked for cracks. House is very small so this...

Tankless Water Heater and Recirculating Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my water heater with a Bosch AquaStar 1600H NG (Natural Gas) tankless water heater. Our hot water system has a recirculating pump, and, according to Bosch, the Bosch AquaStar 1600H NG system ignites the burners when water is flowing. My question is, will the recirculating pump...

Water line leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small leak from the meter to the house and I can not find it under ground. We have tried a probe stick , but the whole yard is soft. We tried looking for green grass area, but I have green patches over the whole yard. Please help me; how can I find this small but expense leak with digging...

View more questions Search