Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dago1948 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Wife abandons me 45 days into marriage
    My spouse disappears after 45 days in this country. Should I start divorce and immigration release of financial responsibility? She has conditional permanent residence status.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Aug 2, 2009, 03:17 PM

The divorce is unrelated to your decision regarding immigration.

She will need to file to prove up that the marriage was bona fide at inception or that there was abuse. You have no details other than she left after 45 days. If you believe she defrauded you, then provide as much evidence to the USCIS, it will be in her file when (and if) she files the I-751 RC.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2009, 03:20 PM

I would start divorce proceedings and also report it to immigartoin if it was me.
    shyfoxie Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Aug 2, 2009, 11:05 PM

Any idea where she went? If you have reason to believe that she was using you to stay in the country, I'd be consulting someone who knows more about immigration law and divorce.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife cheated before marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my wife have been married for a little over a year. We've been together for 10 years and lived together for 5. She is this only person I've ever had sex with. She has had sex with 8 guys, 7 of them before we met. About three years ago she was going out a lot at night while I was at work on...

My wife had an affair before marriage: she confessed to it but. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, My wife had an affair with a guy before we got marriage. She confessed to it a month after we got married. She had a physical affair with him for 2 years. Although she revealed it to me and she felt sad, cried, I was totally moved. It makes me feel terrible and I'am unable to...

Wife Cheated on 3x times in our 7 year Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan in Nov 09. She tells me she has learned her lesson and doesn't want to hurt me again. But it is still in the back of my mind. I caught her in the 3rd affair, then she confessed about the other 2 about a year later. I wasn't perfect in our first few years...

I am on h1 less than 183 days wife in india need to fill 1040nr [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I was in usa from aug07 to dec07 on H1and duration was less than 183 days. During this period my wife was in india and not earning. She has H4 but not entered in usa as f now. How should I file my returns for 2007. What will be my status for filing Nonresident filing saperately?...

Some Days You Just Need The Wife! [ 4 Answers ]

Some Days You Just Need The Wife!

View more questions Search