Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rvlec Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2009, 03:20 PM
    89 Ford F-150 starter won't engage
    I went out to start my 89 F-150 the other day and it wouldn't turn over. I heard the initial hum of the fuel pump and then there was just a humming or buzzing sound. It made this same sound when I tried to blow the horn. Today when I turned the switch on the fuel pump kept running. It did not stop after a few seconds after it usually does. It did not stop until I cut the switch off. Could this be a starter problem or something else? It has a new solenoid switch on it.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 03:30 PM

If that has the solenoid up top, and when you turn key and you have good power to Starter, it would be at the Starter or ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda civic starter won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

My 09 manual transmission honda civic starter won't engage. Starter was just replaced and was checked and is working. Power is getting to celenoid switch and celenoid/starter won't engage??

Johne Deere L110 - Starter spins but does not engage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a John Deere L110 (almost 3 yrs). After sitting idle most of the winter, I went to start it up and got nothing. Re-charged the battery and now I get the starter motor spinning very fast ("whirring" sound), but it does not seem to engage the flywheel. I see from some other posts on...

Starter does not engage intermittenlt [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 e350 powerstroke .dealer charged 1500 to replace flywheel and starter.this happened at 277846 miles now less then 10000 miles it is happening again. They will not do anything about it.anybody know the fix?

Troy Bilt lawn tractor-starter won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

I mowed the yard w/out problem 2 days ago. Today I went to start the Lawn tractor and the motor won't turn over. I have never had problems with it before. Do you have any ideas on what I should check? Troy Bilt Super Broncho 42" deck Kohler 19hp/597cc

92 camry won't engage the starter [ 1 Answers ]

My 92 camry when trying to start only dims the radio and clock. The starter was removed and with it disconnected still dimmed the radio and clock. I had the starter checked out and its perfect. I also changed the battery and positive battery terminal. I tryied also to start it in neutral, no luck....

View more questions Search