Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovebug85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Withdraws from pain killers
    Well, I have been on pain medicine for the last six months. Due to a car accident I got into last year. I just tried to stop using them and starting to feel really bad a friend told me I might be going through withdraws. How long will this last and what can I do for it? I don't want to be on these things for the rest of my life. And what are the symptoms of percocet withdraws?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 11:59 PM

I'm sorry your dealing with this. I became addicted to codine inadvertently after a minor surgery, and it was definitely not fun. Here is a link for you about percocet withdrawl.

Good luck hon. And keep your head up and your nose out of that bottle :D

Percocet Withdrawal | Addiction

Aparently percocet will be a lot like my codine, so, just to warn you, along with the issues listed on that site, they did not list the fact that I also had strnage dreams, and I felt numb a lot of the time as well.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Sweating, aches, nausea, irritability, cravings all are withdrawal symptoms. You can do it though. Good luck.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 07:13 PM

Depending on how much you are taking, you might want to do it in stages. Like one weekend to cut back to half your current dose, wait a week or two and then do the rest?

I was put on powerful opiates after back surgery and was on them even longer than you. I wish I'd got off sooner. I was afraid the withdrawal would be worse than it actually was. You can do it! It's not pleasant, but lots of people have got through it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confronting boyfriend about pain killers addiciton [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have only been together for a little over 4 months now. And I knew that he was addicted to pain killers before I ever got serious with him, but I also never knew how bad he was on them. So as time progressed I realized he was taking up to 3-4 pain killers a day. In his past he...

Are pain killers such as Lortab and Percocet safe to take during pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

I am about 4.5 months pregnant and have a bad back due to a very serious car accident. I was told by my doctor that pain killers are safe as long as I do not get addicted, obviously, that would mean that my baby would be addicted. I would like a little more feedback and that is factual only please!...

How long do pain killers stay in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

How long do Pain killers stay in your system?

Pain killers [ 1 Answers ]

How long do pain killers stay in your system?

How long do pain killers stay in your system? [ 6 Answers ]

I am needing to know how long Lortabs and Percocets stay in your system.

View more questions Search