Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rose07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Is it possible to get a false negative pregnancy test
    My period is over a week late I have had light brown spotting etc and feel just like I did with my first child,so I really thought I was pregnant but I took a test and it was negative,I am really confused because I feel pregnant.Is it possible to get a negative test and still be pregnant?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 10:17 AM

If you've tested too early, yes. You can get a false result even though you are pregnant. I'd test again in a couple days if your period hasn't come yet. If you keep re-testing though, it keeps being negative, and still not period, I'd check with a dr to see what's going on.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 10:57 AM

Yes its very possible. Wait a few days to a week or so, and test again. If its still negative, I would see your doctor.

EDIT : wow, sorry justcurious, I ended up saying just what you said ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Negative blood and urine pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 29 been trying to get pregnant for months... My last period is now almost 10wks ago.(70days) I have been to the doctor several times and several tests have been done... All pregnancy tests come back negative... my progesterone was also low, so doctor said I probably never ovulated... Why? ...

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

False negative pregnancy test results [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if it is possible for someone to miss two periods and when taking an over the counter pregnancy test the results were negative. My concern is the medications that are currently taking : are zoloft, risperdone, akathisia. Is it possible to be pregnant?

Would an ectopic pregnancy cause a false negative? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't really know much about Ectopic Pregnancies... However I was treated for Chlamydia about 3 years ago(very long story). Anyhow, I haven't had my period since the 9th of November and have had unprotected sex with my hubby all month. He isn't aware that I have ever been treated for...

View more questions Search