Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yoyojulio Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Movie title from 70, 80, or 90's. Live action animated
    Im sorry that I don't have many details to share but I am looking for a movie from when I was a kid and I saw this movie about a kid who opened up a book and the book sucked him in? Maybe, not sure, but as he went in the book it was a red and white hypnotic kind of thing and he became a cartoon character. He met some other cartoon people and there was something about this green monster or something. I remember it but I can't remember the title of the movie. Can someone please help? Sorry for the lack of information.

Jul 20, 2009, 05:26 PM
    No, I remember that movie, it had a boy open a book, he wasn't in a library he was in his house and it happens right after the opening credits, he made some friends but not meeting 3 books he learns to love later. It's a boy with dark brown hair and the opening or closing credits are like shots of downtown New York or something like that. NO I remember it wasn't a book it was a box he looked into. Yes I forgot. I'm sorry.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 06:59 PM

The Phantom Tollbooth (1970)

Jul 20, 2009, 07:17 PM
    This seems to fit my description but are you sure there isn't another movie like that too? The animation in the one I remember is different than the movie you have shown. Or another version of that movie? I know it's a kid who walks around in the beginning and opens a box, but its smaller I think, and its just a white box with a bow on top, opens it up and it's a portal I think he gets sucked in. sorry for the lack of information its been a good 10 or 12 years since I scene it.
    Lucas2009 Posts: 129, Reputation: 21

Jul 21, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Just for the heck of it, have you tried the original movie The Neverending Story ?
    It has a dark hair boy, a book, a fantasy world, and a New York type setting near the end. Also try Neverending story III as well.

Amazon.com: The NeverEnding Story: Noah Hathaway, Barret Oliver, Tami Stronach, Gerald McRaney, Drum Garrett, Darryl Cooksey, Nicholas Gilbert, Thomas Hill, Deep Roy, Tilo Prückner, Moses Gunn, Alan Oppenheimer, Wolfgang Petersen, Wolfgang Petersen,

Jul 21, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Hm, yeah I know the never ending story, I guess it had to be the phantom tollbooth, well thanks for yall's help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 08:04 PM

The Phantom Tollbooth had the boy driving a car and visiting different people and was sort of an educational story. It had different school subjects at each stop like math, english, science, the weather,.
    Is that basically what the movie was about?

Jul 22, 2009, 05:14 AM
    Hm, I really can't remember what the movie was about, I didn't know if it was educational or not, I really thought it was a story about a boy that gets sucked into some other world and just explores it, I know it starts very similar to the phantom tollbooth but I guess the movie I'm describing isn't any other movie. I remember this kid was just curious to know, he opens a box and then all of a sudden he sees a cartoon world and gets sucked in. he meets strange creatures and I know one was some green thing. I know the animation style was that of the dr suess original grench cartoon movie.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:21 AM

Parts of it do sound like the Phantom Tollboth

In P T
    Boy is laying on sofa talking on a phone.
    A box is delivered he opens it. It is a phonebooth. He gets sucked in.

He is then in a cartoon driving a red car.
    Meets a policeman, an old lady, a weather man with a hot air balloon that keeps talking about weather and whether.

The green thing sounds like the cave where they sing Don't get stuck in the Duldrums.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated movie title from the 80's/90's? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching this as a young kid, and all I can vaguely remember about this movie is that there are two kids (a boy and girl) and for some reason I remember there being a pet squirrel or something to that effect. Anyway, I remember them being in this "magical" palace that represents good...

Kids fantasy, animated/live-action 80's/90's [ 4 Answers ]

So this sounds REALLY weird but I know I've seen it, and I feel like I've seen both a live action and an animated version, though their circumstances were different in each. Basically in either version someone falls or is cast into a large vat/tub/pond of some mysterious multi-colored liquid and...

Children's movie title for 70s/80s live action/animated [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie title from a live action/animated movie. It might be from an afternoon special but it's geared towards kids. In the beginning of the movie it is live action with a boy playing a ball game. I remember he had brown hair. He ends up in a building in a park with the ball. ...

Live action/animated movie title request. [ 3 Answers ]

I have few memories of this movie, but I remember loving it so I am trying to find it for my children. The movie starts as a live action movie. It's older, kind of like Mary Poppins, and I think the children are English as well. I remember a pond in a large field outside of a large mansion. Somehow...

Animated 90's movie title [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this movie I used to make my dad rent over and over when I was young It was an animated movie kind of like snowhite with a twist.I think it had seven dwarfs.. but instead of tiny little men they were women.. that's all I remember though.. but I am dying to know the...

View more questions Search