Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexvixen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Why did I bleed during sex?
    Recently I have had intercourse with someone different. He is a much larger size then I am use to. There was enough foreplay and stimulation to arouse me and cause lubrication, so I know it was not a labia tear or anything like that. However, during sex, there were a few times where he was thrusting hard, and I enjoyed it for the most part, but a few times I found it to be very uncomfortable, however I didn't stop him because we were both really enjoying it. When we were done, we realized that I was bleeding, quite a bit, but I wasn't in any pain. Two days later I feel all right in the lower area, but My lower abdomen feels slightly tender (almost like sore over worked muscles) The bleeding only really lasted for about 5 hours or so and was light. I want to also add that I have recently had a tubal ligation (about a month and a half ago), and this is the first time I have had sex. What could this possibly have been? Do I need to worry? Or were we just a tad too rough and overlzelous! Lol
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 11:59 AM
    This was most likely caused by cervical irritation. The cervix has millions of little capillaries, when these capillaries are irritated by thrusting sex, they tend to bleed. This would also be the cause of the abdominal tenderness.
    leighnaras Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 12:01 PM

I have had this problem too. It started as bleeding occasionally during sex and now I bleed during foreplay too.

When I asked my GYN about it he said I have blood capillaries on my cervix and that when a finger or penis is hitting them they bleed. He says it is nothing to worry about but I am still uncomfortable with this hapenning.

Like you I feel no pain but have a sore lower stomach afterwards. I'm sorry I don't really have an answer for you just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
    sexvixen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 12:11 PM

Thank you J-9 and Leighnaras for your responses. I didn't think it was anything too serious really, just kind of curious as to what it might have been. It was kind of embarrassing too, although he didn't make me feel bad about it at all and was concerned about my well being. I think we were just a little too rough lol. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is It OK when I Bleed During Masturbation? [ 3 Answers ]

:(See story starts here I was Masturbating and earlier today I did and did not bleed, but it seems as its night time I then began to bleed not a little bit but kind of a lot like as if my period was starting lets just say enough to cover my fingers. Its kind of sore but I thought I might have cut...

Can you be pregnant and bleed? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I started my period on Nov. 19,08. My boyfriend and I had sex for 18 days straight and yes he busted in me every time.. ive been throwing up in the mornings,my boobs are sore,and I've been going to the bathroom like every hour.. I started lightly bleeding brownish red yesterday Dec.15,08.when I...

Bleed when have a drink [ 1 Answers ]

After having my baby girl 9 monhs ago my periods have been up and down I came off the depo as me and my partner want more children, for the past 3 months I have only been having 2-3 day periods and they mostly come early when I have had a drink of alcohol. It happened this month 3 weeks early after...

Bleed brakes--max torque to close bleed valve screw? [ 1 Answers ]

Working on a '99 Miata. Changed the right rear caliper, but cannot find information on the maximum torque to close the bleed valve screw. My repair manual does not have this information nor the Kragen store nor the website of the manufacturer--Cardone. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Bleed Through? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a split receptacle that is switched. The switched portion is reading 34 volts when the switch is off and 120 when on. What is wrong? What should I be looking for?

View more questions Search