Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tired2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Live-in Boyfriend
    Hello,
    My boyfriend has been living in my house for the most part of eight years. I own this home and he is not on the mtg. All of the utilities are in my name, other than his cell phone. He has never signed a lease. He does get mail here (obviously). Our relationship has deteriorated to the point that I want him to move out. At times there is verbal abuse and he is a severe alcoholic. I have quit drinking for two years. I cannot live like this anymore. What can I do to get him out of here. I'd like to give him 30 days to save money for another place, but I want him out then. Please help.
    Thank you for any help you're able to give.
    Tired2
    krazziee Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 03:35 PM
    That is a tough one for me , I would guess you need to check your state laws, they are different in each state,and go from there. Sad that these things happen but they do,
    Good luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2009, 04:25 PM

You have to evict him. As a periodic (month to month) tenant, you can give him a 30 day written notice to terminate his tenancy. However, if he refuses to vacate you will need to go through a formal eviction process.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 04:34 PM
    You pretty much answered your own question. Give him 30-days notice, in writing. If he's not gone after that, then contact the local sheriff's office and have him formally evicted.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci View Post
    You pretty much answered your own question. Give him 30-days notice, in writing. If he's not gone after that, then contact the local sheriff's office and have him formally evicted.

Please cite your source for notifying the Sheriff's Office to formally evict someone following a 30-day notice in writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live-in boyfriend in sc [ 3 Answers ]

I moved to sc less than a year ago. I had a live-in boyfriend who is now just a roommate. He has a separate bedroom but still pays rent which is less than half the mortgage. I want him out. He's very comfortable, he's living in a new house, all the utilities are paid and he's eating. I asked him to...

Should I get rid of my live in boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi have been with him for 9 year's and he is still living of me. I have a disabled son he's 10. And he will not help with anything. Any money he makes he keeps to himself, he plays out still and he's 44. Its always my mate my mates. He lives on his computer while I do the shopping the house work...

Boyfriend needs space, but we live together [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about two and half years, and we've been living together for the last six months. He begged me for months to move in and I was very hesitant but finally decided to do it. He's telling me now that he needs some space in the relationship. How do I give him...

I can't live without my ex boyfriend ! [ 4 Answers ]

I can't seem to live without my ex and I don't know what to do. We had been together for 6 years and have a 2 year old son together. Before we broke up I was always the jealous type and always accusing him of cheating. I was always accusing him about that cause he was always flirting, he says" it...

View more questions Search