Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heart2heart46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Live-in boyfriend in sc
    I moved to sc less than a year ago. I had a live-in boyfriend who is now just a roommate. He has a separate bedroom but still pays rent which is less than half the mortgage. I want him out. He's very comfortable, he's living in a new house, all the utilities are paid and he's eating. I asked him to leave. He has it to good. He's not even trying to move. What are my options?
    justme8 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 05:09 PM
    If his name is not on the lease (renting), then call the police. Tell him first that if he doesn't leave, you will call the police (and call right then and don't leave him alone or he may take some of your stuff).

If you own the house and his name is not on the title, then again, call the police.

If his name is on the lease or title, you can't get him out.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Actually he is now a tenant, you have to give him a formal eviction notice. Look into state laws to see what this means.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Yes, if his name is on the lease, there is nothing you can really do, expect sue him for his share of the rent and electric. If his name is not on the lease, give him a bill for his exact share. And if he does not pay it, evict him. You may also just evict him, but you will have to give him notice , written and then go though housing court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get rid of my live in boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi have been with him for 9 year's and he is still living of me. I have a disabled son he's 10. And he will not help with anything. Any money he makes he keeps to himself, he plays out still and he's 44. Its always my mate my mates. He lives on his computer while I do the shopping the house work...

Boyfriend needs space, but we live together [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about two and half years, and we've been living together for the last six months. He begged me for months to move in and I was very hesitant but finally decided to do it. He's telling me now that he needs some space in the relationship. How do I give him...

My boyfriend says he is not ready to live with me after 4 years [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a bit of a dilemma, me and my boyfriend have been going out for four years and have been through so much in that time. He split up with me last year but soon begged for me back and has assuredme that I am the only oe for him and he wants to spen the rest of his life with me and...

I can't live without my ex boyfriend ! [ 4 Answers ]

I can't seem to live without my ex and I don't know what to do. We had been together for 6 years and have a 2 year old son together. Before we broke up I was always the jealous type and always accusing him of cheating. I was always accusing him about that cause he was always flirting, he says" it...

View more questions Search