Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anieoakley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Leaking water around drilled well?
    Hi
    New to this site... just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this problem. We had problems 6 weeks ago with well and had plumber come out with backhoe to dig up to look at well... dug quite a large area in order to find it as we forgot exactly where it was. It ended up he pulled up well lines and replaced the well ejector and well seal, and reinstalled lines and seal, primed pump and all okay. We got water back and never realized any problem till few days ago when we had well guy come up to check well as we are selling house and when we dug up well which is only 2 feet down it was full of water, streaming from the earth beside it, so he drained the water and opened well to put camera down and inspect which everything was fine. Had water tested and came back good. Almost thought we had an artesian well, as were suppose to have one on property. However the pump which is inside basement seemed to come on when no water was being used stayed on few minutes and went off, then twenty minutes later on.. etc. so we turned off all water to house and went outside and noticed the water disappeared in hole, then we turned it back on and it started to trickle out again near the well so were thinking it is a pipe close to the well that has a hole in it or something came apart, also wondering if the backhoe hit anything as it was totally dry when they first dug and only since then has the problem happened... could be coincidence and I we will call them about it, meanwhile it is frustrating as we just paid 1,150.00 for backhoe and work six weeks ago and did not anticipate this problem, we do have water but as I said pump comes on a lot. Anyone experience this problem? Were hoping we can dig it up and save some money on backhoe at least, Thanks so much... have a good night!
    anieoakley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Hi
    Just wanted to correct something I said, the well was not dug up. They dug down two feet to the top of the well casing head and that is where water around it was pooling. It was coming from the earth around it. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Very low water pressue to house after replacing leaking valve on water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the leaking valve leading to the hot water heater, drained the hot water heater, turned the main valve to the house back on and now have very low water pressure to the house (cold and hot) The house has galvanized metal pipes... HELP please!:confused:

I'm having big problems with my drilled well. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if I've got shafted or not? From an expert in the field of drilled wells? I had a 6in well put on my land with a half horse in well pump and pessure tank in the well. Cost me a bit over $5000.00. Well three years later we built our house on the lot about 140' from the well. Since...

Drilled into PVC Pipe [ 2 Answers ]

While drilling a hole to hang a towel rod in a first floor bathroom, I drilled into the PVC waste line that comes from the upstairs bathrooms. I cut away a section of the drywall and can see I hit almost dead center into a 2 or 3 inch PVC waste line. The hole is approx. 1/2" in diameter. Is there...

View more questions Search