Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LovesTheSun13 Posts: 68, Reputation: -2

Jul 3, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Melasma. Birth Control.Sensitivity to sun.
    I have been taking birth control pills and they make my skin really blotchy and speckly when I go in the sun. I heard the pill can cause Melasma.. A skin condition that causes you to have extra sensitivity to the sun. I never used to get these skin issues before I took the pill..
    I was thinking, if I stopped taking the pill (I don't need it anyway) would I be able to start sun tanning again within a certain period and the sensitivity to the sun and melasma slow down or go away? And how long will I have to wait after stopping the pill?
    Thank you to anybody who can help me out!
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jul 10, 2009, 07:30 PM

You should go to a dematologist and ask for a perscribed medicine to lighten the spots. Or you can buy a skin lightening cream to lighten them. You could find something with kojic acid, hydroquinone, or glutathione on the internet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taken off birth control, possibly conceived, back on birth control? [ 9 Answers ]

So, the day my period ended I ended up having unprotected sex, and a week later started feeling really sick to my stomach, I could smell everything, I had horrible headaches, I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat, I was moody all the time, all the typical signs, except no missed period. I took a...

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth Control [ 1 Answers ]

Can a girl get pregnant if she is on birth control and got her period the same day she always gets it every month?

Birth control? [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend is getting the shot and I was wondering the chances of her getting pregnant if say I accidentally ejaculated inside of her?

Ibs and birth control [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I had a doctor recently diagnose me with IBS and I have noticed during my cycle it usually flares? I was wondering if anyone else with this condition has tried birth control as a means to control the symptoms. I really don't want to go on birth control but having PMS symptoms and IBS...

View more questions Search